Detect’s mission is to empower individuals to have greater ownership of their health with rapid, low-cost home and point-of-care diagnostics. We build breakthrough technology at the intersection of software, hardware, chemistry, and biology. We use this technology to champion a new era of personalized healthcare and help end the COVID-19 pandemic.
Detect is a well-funded, rapidly growing health-tech company founded by award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur, Dr. Jonathan Rothberg. Detect benefits from being a 4Catalyzer company, an incubator of biotech and med device companies (most notably Butterfly Network) who have collectively raised over $700 million in funding.
Joining Detect is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
For this position, we are looking for driven and open-minded engineers with exceptional analytical abilities who can wear a number of hats from embedded engineering, software design, software development, architecture, analytics, infrastructure automation, and testing automation. You will be developing all the embedded software for a novel, low-cost diagnostic device for the consumer market. You will be a technical resource in all areas of firmware and software development such as system software design and architecture, SoC evaluation/selection, wired peripheral interfaces (MIPI/SPI/I2C/UART/USB), wireless technology (NFC/BLE/Wifi), manufacturability, serviceability and reliability.
You must be well versed in the core software engineering skills in order to affect system level decisions and represent firmware engineering at cross-functional reviews. Your ability to productize designs in conjunction with cross-functional input from ID, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mobile Application, Clinical, Product Integrity and Manufacturing is also critical.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Prototyping - from Proof of Concept to full-scale Mass deployment you will bring new embedded solutions to life.
- Manufacturing - Work with manufacturing partners to transfer designs and ensure integrity throughout product lifecycle
- Developing the reliability of our IoT infrastructure from pushing/applying firmware, reporting status, to exchanging data, and making sure that plays well with the backend.
- Identify and scope project features around innovation opportunities as well as technology risks.
- Architect and influence the shaping of future products by providing electrical engineering insight into the technology roadmap.
- Team management (recruit, reviews, goals, mentoring) and develop strategy for growth of the team and capabilities.
- Completed BS in one of Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Experience making critical informed architectural (EE + CS) decisions
- Experience with an RTOS system (FreeRTOS preferred)
- Experience debugging issues on I2C/SPI/UART/MIPI buses
- Experience implementing drivers / HALs
- Experience developing software in C / C++ - Compiling C and developing/running it on a microcontroller.
- Experience interfacing with camera sensors using resource constrained microcontrollers
- Experience developing interactions using NFC, BLE, and Wifi protocols. You can coherently design and explain connected devices, and the network(s) that support them.
- Ability to develop iOS and/or Android applications that utilize wireless communication
- Experience with Git version control in a production environment
- Experience using oscilloscope, protocol analyzer, digital multimeter, etc
- Linux, you know your way around the command line
- Strong communication skills
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- MS in one of Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Experience working with manufacturing partners to implement production line testing
- Experience designing firmware for lab automation systems, actuator control
- Deep knowledge of control systems, eats PID for breakfast
- Deep knowledge of signal processing fundamentals
- Direct experience bringing medical devices to market
You Deeply Identify with Core Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Detect does not accept agency resumes.
Detect is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.