Detect’s mission is to build tools that enable people to understand their health and make informed, timely decisions. We are motivated to build products that will improve the lives of people we love. We operate at the intersection of software, hardware, chemistry, and biology. We use technology to champion a new era of personalized healthcare, starting with an effort to end the COVID-19 pandemic.
Detect is a well-funded, rapidly growing health-tech company founded by award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur, Dr. Jonathan Rothberg. Detect benefits from being a 4Catalyzer company, an incubator of biotech and med device companies (most notably Butterfly Network) who have collectively raised over $700 million in funding.
Joining Detect is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions — including those you love.
Marketing is critical to achieving our goals. We are seeking a savvy, creative and growth-minded Head of Brand Marketing to lead our brand strategy and execution across our commercial and product efforts. You’ll be responsible for everything from establishing our brand look, feel, voice, and tone, designing our app, website, and packaging, driving audience segmentation and positioning, enabling sales, developing growth strategies (from brand marketing to partnership ideas and everything in between), supporting launches, and building campaigns to increase product and feature adoption. You will create a consistent end-to-end brand experience across multiple marketing touch-points. This is a highly collaborative and strategic role; you’ll develop strong partnerships with Product, Sales, Success, and Support, while helping define and scale the Detect brand. We seek an original thinker and expressive brand storyteller — someone who cares deeply about the work they do with a driving curiosity to push boundaries to create and develop a dynamic and authentic brand.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be to:
- Create engaging work on traditional and non-traditional channels focused on acquiring, engaging, and educating a diverse audience of healthcare professionals, businesses, and individuals on the value of Detect.
- Constantly evolve and push boundaries in developing the Detect brand and creative via product, brand/advertising, content, and experiences.
- Become an expert on Detect’s business and audiences, and work cross-functionally to develop creative work that will engage multiple constituencies
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure creative work is addressing Detect’s strategic goals. This means working closely with Product, Marketing, R&D, Quality, Sales, and Support to bring concepts to final execution.
- Understand -- in a data-driven environment -- how to appeal to consumers minds AND hearts.
In the first 90 days, you will…
- Be excited to deepdive -- become well versed in healthcare, bringing a friendly and consumer-focused approach to translate the complexity of our product to prospective customers
- Build, mentor, and lead a multi-functional team of talented individuals, freelancers, and agencies across creative disciplines.
- Rethink how we (efficiently and effectively) bring the Detect experience to customer
- Are a strong conceptual thinker and builder at heart. You believe that a creative approach to any problem will yield a stronger result
- Love working at a strategic level, but are happy to roll up your sleeves when needed.
- Are excited to join a company with real startup culture (and perhaps leave the Advertising world behind)
- Are a split mind between Design and Brand. You cherish a great user experience in an app or unboxing experience as much as a TV ad or billboard
- Are someone who has experience leading multiple projects through full strategic and creative development — research, strategy (why and how), naming, copywriting, and content development.
- Are someone with an ability to inspire others, who can build and develop teams with clear goals and measurable impact
- Believe that effective work is achieved through collaboration in small, fast-moving teams.
- Have a strong portfolio demonstrating a passion and ability to lead creative initiatives across a wide range of platforms (TV, web, print, OOH)
Above all else
- You are friendly, thoughtful, collaborative, and kind
- Always have an informed point of view, and an open mind.