Detect’s mission is to empower individuals to have greater ownership of their health with rapid, low-cost home and point-of-care diagnostics. We build breakthrough technology at the intersection of software, hardware, chemistry, and biology. We use this technology to champion a new era of personalized healthcare and help end the COVID-19 pandemic.
Detect is a well-funded, rapidly growing health-tech company founded by award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur, Dr. Jonathan Rothberg. Detect benefits from being a 4Catalyzer company, an incubator of biotech and med device companies (most notably Butterfly Network) who have collectively raised over $700 million in funding.
Joining Detect is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
The molecular biology team at Detect designs and builds the engine behind our scalable molecular diagnostic platform for COVID-19. We envision a test that is so simple that it can be ultimately used in the home, allowing individuals to self-test on a routine basis. Routine testing is essential to getting life back to normal. Come work alongside a world-class team of scientists and engineers to define the next generation of molecular testing.
As a Scientist, Formulation, you will be responsible for acting as the bridge between our multidisciplinary R&D and and our contract manufacturers. You will be responsible for creating the material that ultimately goes into our products that will be used by millions of individuals all around the world. You have a deep attention for detail and expect don’t compromise on quality. You feel at home in a fast-paced pre-commercial startup and are comfortable with rolling up your sleeves to contribute in any capacity.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be to:
- Formulating key components of our nucleic acid diagnostic test
- Developing a formulation process that is highly scalable and transferable to external manufacturers.
- Producing formulated materials as a part of our ongoing manufacturing operations and to support R&D work
- Developing in-bound, component-level quality controls assays on the subcomponents used in formulation
- Developing out-bound quality controls assays on final products and intermediate material
- Transferring our formulation process to large-scale contract manufacturing partners
- Providing ongoing support for our large-scale contract manufacturing partners
- MS or PhD. in molecular biology or related field
- A minimum of 2 years of industry experience
- Proven record of innovative and independent problem solving skills
- Experience doing formulation in a commercial or pharmaceutical setting
- Demonstrated expertise in experimental design and data analysis
- Excellent written and oral communication, project management skills, and ability to manage working team effectively
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Experience working in start-up environments
- Familiarity with FDA approval process
- Familiar with statistical analyses using software such as SAS, JMP, R or Minitab
You Deeply Identify with Core Detect Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Detect does not accept agency resumes.
Homodeus is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.