Homeward is a technology-enabled healthcare provider delivering quality, affordable and comprehensive care to those who don’t have it. Starting in rural America. Today, 60 million Americans living in rural communities are facing a crisis of access to care. In the U.S. healthcare system, rural Americans experience significantly poorer clinical outcomes. This trend is rapidly accelerating as rural hospitals close and physician shortages increase, exacerbating health disparities. In fact, Americans living in rural communities suffer a mortality rate 23 percent higher than those in urban communities, in part because of the lack of access to quality care.
Our vision is care that enables everyone to achieve their best health. So, we’re rearchitecting the way it’s delivered – leveraging breakthroughs in diagnostics, remote monitoring, and a variety of other domains, Homeward is creating a new healthcare delivery model that is purpose-built for rural America and directly addresses the issues that have historically limited access and quality.
Most importantly, we’re aligning everyone’s incentives (ours, partner health plans’, and members’) towards getting and keeping people healthy by taking full responsibility and financial risk for the total cost of each member’s healthcare and outcomes.
Homeward is co-founded by a leadership team that defined and delivered Livongo’s products, and backed most recently by a $50 million series B co-led by Arch Ventures and Human Capital, with participation from General Catalyst for a total of $70 million in funding. With this leadership team and funding, Homeward is committed to bringing high-quality healthcare to rural communities in need.
Join us in tackling healthcare for rural America! As Regional President, you’ll drive the strategy for the New Hampshire Market, own the P&L as a general manager, and build a world class in-market team. You’ll own strategic provider and payer relationships, optimize Homeward’s model for scale, and find and build efficiencies throughout the operations team to streamline efforts to ensure the best outcomes possible for our populations.
What you’ll do:
- Lead managed care and care delivery operations within the NH market as a general manager, and own the P&L and outcomes.
- Design, implement and oversee operational strategy and processes to promote the scalability and growth of the organization
- Manage strategic relationships with providers and payers throughout the state of NH
- Plan, organize, and direct all aspects of multi-site delivery model, including clinical and service operations
- Lead and grow a passionate and mission-aligned team
- Maximize efficiencies through standardized processes and metrics, systems, best practices and overall accountability
- Manage operating budget with attention to revenue and fiscal responsibility
- Collaborate with executive leadership to establish long-term growth plans and design and implement strategies
- Develop and report on key quality and service metrics
- Travel to (25%+) and spend time in our rural hubs to deeply understand the population we serve, as well as our partners in providing care
What you bring:
- 5+ years in an Operational leadership role with a commitment to both process and people
- 10+ years in Medicare/Medicaid and risk revenue, primary care and the ambulatory care environment, healthcare insurance industry government programs, healthcare administration in primary care, or healthcare consulting in government programs for primary care
- Bachelor's Degree in a clinical or healthcare related field
- Strong communication, organizational, technology and leadership skills
- Highly experimentation-oriented and data-driven approach, with the ability to rapidly test and learn.
- Resilience and a genuine enthusiasm for changing healthcare
Impress us even more:
- Experience in a government program setting, managed care, primary care management or other clinical setting
- Experience in Lean, Six Sigma, TQI, TQC or other quality management certification
- Experience in health plan provider network performance management, population health management, continuous improvement or provider engagement model
- Master’s Degree in business administration (MBA)
- Experience working in a startup environment and creating clarity from ambiguity
At Homeward, we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Homeward is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Homeward is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.