Homeward is a technology-enabled healthcare provider delivering quality, affordable and comprehensive care to those who don’t have it. Starting in rural America. Today, 60 million Americans living in rural communities are facing a crisis of access to care. In the U.S. healthcare system, rural Americans experience significantly poorer clinical outcomes. This trend is rapidly accelerating as rural hospitals close and physician shortages increase, exacerbating health disparities. In fact, Americans living in rural communities suffer a mortality rate 23 percent higher than those in urban communities, in part because of the lack of access to quality care.
Our vision is care that enables everyone to achieve their best health. So, we’re rearchitecting the way it’s delivered – leveraging breakthroughs in diagnostics, remote monitoring, and a variety of other domains, Homeward is creating a new healthcare delivery model that is purpose-built for rural America and directly addresses the issues that have historically limited access and quality.
Most importantly, we’re aligning everyone’s incentives (ours, partner health plans’, and members’) towards getting and keeping people healthy by taking full responsibility and financial risk for the total cost of each member’s healthcare and outcomes.
Homeward is co-founded by a leadership team that defined and delivered Livongo’s products, and backed most recently by a $50 million series B co-led by Arch Ventures and Human Capital, with participation from General Catalyst for a total of $70 million in funding. With this leadership team and funding, Homeward is committed to bringing high-quality healthcare to rural communities in need.
Join us in tackling healthcare for rural New Hampshire! We’re seeking a Community Outreach Lead in the New Hampshire market. This person will be passionate about having a positive societal impact and using technology for good – solving issues of health inequity for communities that have been perennially underserved.
What You'll Do
- Help define target market segments, addressable audience, and target penetration available within the rural counties that Homeward serves by collaboration with local community resources and services
- Seek opportunities to engage with existing community organizations and resources within and around Homeward’s target counties to educate them regarding the Homeward services and to increase patient engagement
- Define strategies and tactics that can successfully result in increased patient engagement
- Assist the Homeward clinical team and community outreach team to staff community events and local opportunities to create awareness for Homeward
- Collaborate cross-functionally with marketing and the community outreach team to shape campaign messaging and creative direction specific to clinical resources within the community
- Work with market VPs to develop and support strategies within the market relative to health systems and insurance partners and the impact those providers can have on the successful execution of the Homeward contracts
What You Bring
- Experience dealing with outreach activities - particularly with rural community resources - to develop programmatic partnerships and referral management
- Ability to gain access to decision-makers either by experience, reputation, or education
- Exceptional project management, communication, and leadership skills
- Ability to shape your professional plan based on high-level goals with minimal oversight and daily direction required
- Willingness to travel daily within the rural counties of New Hampshire for business development purposes (85% travel)
- Some overnights may be required
- Experience with healthcare strategy and a passion for re-architecting how health and care is delivered
- An interest in engaging rural, Medicare-eligible segments
What Shapes Our Company
- Deep commitment to one another, the people and communities we serve, and to care that enables everyone to achieve their best health
- Compassion and empathy
- Curiosity and an eagerness to listen
- Drive to deliver high-quality experiences, clinical care, and cost-effectiveness
- Strong focus on the sustainability of our business and scalability of our services to maximize our reach and impact
- Nurturing a diverse workforce with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and points of view
- Taking our mission and business seriously, but not taking ourselves too seriously– having fun as we build!
- Competitive salary, equity grant, generous paid time off
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance with 100% of monthly premium covered for employees
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Company-sponsored 401k plan
At Homeward, a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you have yet to gain experience in the areas detailed above, we hope you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Homeward is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Homeward is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.