We give homeowners the freedom to buy the home they want before selling their existing one. Customers tell us about their home and financial situation, and then we provide them with funds to confidently secure their next home with a competitive all-cash offer. This saves them stress from having to list their house without knowing where they are going next, and makes the process of buying and selling a home as predictable and easy as it should be.
Homeward was started in 2018 by Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest growing agent teams in the US. We are passionate about our mission to re-center real estate transactions around the consumer and make the entire experience more convenient and certain. We’ve attracted a strong early customer base in Texas, Colorado, and Georgia, and are recruiting a core team to help us build our end-to-end application and user experience. Homeward is backed by LiveOak, the largest venture capital group in Texas, and raised $3.8 million in early 2019 from additional real estate tech founders and investors such as ApartmentList, OpCity, Opendoor, Yodle, and The Guild.
About the opportunity
The Homeward Mortgage Team is responsible for bringing financial innovations to life and delivering a seamlessly integrated mortgage experience. We are the newest team at Homeward and are looking for subject matter experts and business people with an entrepreneur's mindset and ability to get stuff done.
As part of the team, you’ll be helping to operationalize the Homeward Mortgage. Your role is to contribute your depth of mortgage origination experience to our high-performing customer experience and sales teams while building and managing a pipeline of homebuyers. This position will challenge your ability to establish and implement complex operational processes while working cross-functionally with other critical teams including product, engineering, and customer experience among others.
Responsibilities will include:
- Act as a loan originator for our internal pipeline of loans.
- Guide borrowers through their home buying process.
- Work directly with operations, engineering, and product on how to improve the customer experience.
- 3+ years as a licensed mortgage loan officer originating FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and Jumbo mortgages
- You’re interested in improving the complex, emotional process of buying and selling a home and making it the exciting milestone in people’s lives that it deserves to be
- Active NMLS license in TX, GA and/or CO
- Deep experience in purchase mortgage origination
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high production environment
- The drive to build something new
- Management experience a plus