People Ops Coordinator
Homeward is looking for a champion of company culture who will enable the company to develop and grow quickly while continuing to prioritize our greatest assets - the people of Homeward. In this role you will be responsible for all human resources related activities, office management, and culture related projects.
We give homeowners the freedom to buy the home they want before selling their existing one. Customers tell us about their home and financial situation, and then we provide them with funds to confidently secure their next home with a competitive all-cash offer. This saves them stress from having to list their house without knowing where they are going next, and makes the process of buying and selling a home as predictable and easy as it should be.
Homeward was started in 2018 by Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest growing agent teams in the US. We are passionate about our mission to recenter real estate transactions around the consumer and make the entire experience more convenient and certain. We’ve attracted a strong early customer base in Texas, Colorado, and Georgia, and are recruiting a core team to help us build our end-to-end application and user experience. Homeward is backed by LiveOak, the largest venture capital group in Texas, and raised $3.8 million in early 2019 from additional real estate tech founders and investors such as ApartmentList, OpCity, Opendoor, Yodle, and The Guild.
In this role, you will:
- Service as the office manager and HR coordinator which includes managing onboarding, HR systems, and benefits manager
- Point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills and errands
- Directly supports the CEO with daily administrative duties and completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that include managing an active calendar of appointments; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas and compiling documents for meetings.
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments and other office operations and procedures
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
- Responsible for ensuring office financial objectives are met by preparing annual budget for the office and other departments, planning the expenditures, analyzing variances and carrying out necessary corrections that may arise
- Prepare operational reports and schedules to ensure efficiency
- Provide general support to visitors
- Create polished PowerPoint slides and other decks and making presentations as needed from the Homeward Leadership Team
- Ensure office efficiency is maintained by carrying out planning and execution of equipment procurement, layouts and office systems
- Responsible for developing and implementing office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office
- Perform review and analysis of special projects and keep the management properly informed
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of company events
- Design and implement filing systems and ensure filing systems are maintained and current
- Establish and monitor procedures for record keeping
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of employee data
- Design and implement office policies and procedures
- Oversee adherence to office policies and procedures
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory
- Manage internal staff relations as they pertain to culture
What you’ll bring:
- Energetic professional who doesn't mind wearing multiple hats. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people
- Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritise work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office, Divvy
- Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures
- Experience partnering with benefits brokers to provide excellent healthcare options for employees.
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Computer skills and knowledge of office software packages