Front End Engineer
We’re seeking a Front End Engineer to help build a simpler, more streamlined way for people to buy and sell homes.
We give homeowners the freedom to buy the home they want before selling their existing one. Customers tell us about their home and financial situation, and then we provide them with funds to confidently secure their next home with a competitive all-cash offer. This saves them stress from having to list their house without knowing where they are going next, and makes the process of buying and selling a home as predictable and easy as it should be.
Homeward was started in 2018 by Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest growing agent teams in the US. We are passionate about our mission to recenter real estate transactions around the consumer and make the entire experience more convenient and certain. We’ve attracted a strong early customer base in Texas, Colorado, and Georgia, and are recruiting a core team to help us build our end-to-end application and user experience. Homeward is backed by LiveOak, the largest venture capital group in Texas, and raised $3.8 million in early 2019 from additional real estate tech founders and investors such as ApartmentList, OpCity, Opendoor, Yodle, and The Guild.
In this role, you will:
- Implement delightful front end web applications using React and Redux that communicate with our Python backend.
- Work closely with our Product Designer on defining our customer experience and product requirements.
- Lay the groundwork for good engineering processes at Homeward. Stay in sync with product management and product design, and layer in best practices around code reviews and backlog management.
- Own code quality by defining how we automate testing for our front end codebase.
- Work directly with our Founder & CEO to help build the engineering team as the company scales. Help identify which roles are needed, create job descriptions, and assist in the interview process.
What you’ll bring:
- You have 3+ years of front end development experience, preferably React/Redux, and ideally in a high-performance startup or technology company.
- You’ve implemented multiple responsive web apps and features, and have experience taking an idea from wireframes to production.
- You’re collaborative and open to feedback. You’re great at working as part of a team and love getting thoughtful input on your work so you can improve it.
- You’re able to ship quickly and adjust your process to fit the needs of an early stage startup. You write high-quality code in short cycle times. You value shipping a good solution now over a great solution several weeks from now. At this stage of our company, we need to get our product in front of customers so we can rapidly iterate on it.
- You’re interested in improving the complex, emotional process of buying and selling a home and making it the exciting milestone in people’s lives that it deserves to be.