HomeUnion is an online real estate investment management firm that has pioneered a stock market-like flexibility for investing in real estate. The company provides all the services needed for individuals to invest remotely in residential real estate, including single-family rental (SFR) properties and multifamily assets. HomeUnion’s role spans the lifecycle of the investment transaction: identifying sound investments, handling all aspects of acquisition, maximizing income, protecting asset value, and selling the asset when the time comes.
Over the past year, HomeUnion has gained notoriety through its public relations initiatives, resulting in a record-breaking volume of media coverage in 2016. The firm’s campaigns have included broadcast TV spots on CNBC; press hits on local TV and radio stations; and coverage by major daily U.S. and international newspapers, the tech media, business media and real estate trade publications.
The Residential Construction Manager is responsible for delivering rent ready homes up to quality standards by overseeing the rehabilitation of single family homes from start to finish, including creating initial scope of work, coordinating bids from contractors/subcontractors, and ensuring project completion on time and on budget.
- Oversee the rehabilitation of single family homes to ensure work is completed on time and on budget
- Oversee and coordinate with 3rd party general contractors and subcontractors completing the rehab work
- Define the scope of work for rehab projects to meet the company standard
- Inspect homes during due diligence period and coordinate contractors bids to determine required cost of rehab work
- Communicates estimated rehab costs to investors and other stake holders during the due diligence period
- Identify and measure key metrics to assess quality of contractors/subcontractors work and/or improve operational effectiveness
- Work closely with Senior Manager, Construction to thoroughly vet contractors and sub-contractors prior to executing service agreements and manage relationship
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction, Project Management or related major required
- Minimum of 3 years experience in new home construction, single family renovation/rehab work, or single family residential construction project management
- Licensed General Contractor strongly preferred
- Previous experience managing an onsite and remote staff strongly preferred
- Knowledge of building codes, acceptable construction practices, and best practices in the local market
- Knowledge of itemized construction costs
- Highly organized and able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with clients and senior management
- Ability to problem solve, work independently, and work closely with a team
- Ability to make decisions and show good judgment
- Attention to detail and commitment to follow defined processes
- Proficient using Microsoft excel, Microsoft outlook, ipad, and other software and technology devices/programs
- Willingness to learn new programs and systems as needed