HOMER has a newly created opportunity for a Performance Marketing Manager focused on the codeSpark brand. The role will be based remotely in the Los Angeles area until our LA office re-opens. codeSpark, a BEGiN brand, is part of the HOMER family, with the #1 learn-to-code app for kids ages 5-10.
As we build out our marketing team, one of the key roles we’re seeking is a Performance Marketing Manager, focusing on both paid search and paid social. This role will report to our Marketing Director and work to scale our rapidly growing paid acquisition channels. We have aggressive goals and an aggressive budget to meet our goals.
- Lead the execution and optimization of acquisition marketing programs, including testing and optimization tactics (bids, budgets, creative, etc.) across channels (Google, Facebook, Apple Search Ads, and new channels tbd) with a primary focus on app campaigns
- Optimize campaigns to drive paid subscriber growth while hitting efficiency targets; report on any deviations from goal and make suggestions for improvement
- Ideate campaigns, creative assets, write marketing copy, and work closely with our creative resources (internal and external) to bring your ideas to market through digital marketing
- Deliver reporting, insights, and optimization recommendations for all marketing platforms under your management
- Contribute projections and forecasts that leads to corporate planning and budgetary process
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders and representatives at Google, Apple, and Facebook
- Stay on top of the latest updates regarding tools and industry best practices for both mobile and web UA
- Collaborate with entire marketing team to ensure company-wide growth and new subscriber objectives are being met
- Drive for fast growth (in every sense) and be part of a rapidly scaling (and demanding) organization
- A minimum of 2 years experience in Google AdWords campaign management
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Facebook Ads campaign management
- Experience in B2C and direct response
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; you can write compelling, on-brand ad copy
- High degree of proficiency with Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel; you’re used to using Pivot Tables and functions in your spreadsheets
- Highly analytical thinker
- A flexible personality that can thrive in the fast-paced environment of a rapidly growing start-up company.
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Capacity to assume more significant responsibilities over time
We prefer but don’t require:
- Experience with subscription businesses
- Experience with user acquisition for mobile
- Experience with digital analytics and MMP platforms: Google Analytics, GTM, and AppsFlyer
We like people who:
- Are open to suggestions, collaborative, and thrive in team environments
- Love and are willing to learn new technologies and styles
- Are scrappy and entrepreneurial, with the ability to turn around high-quality projects quickly without depending on a large team
What you’ll get:
- HOMER offers competitive compensation including equity and full benefits
- Smart, passionate, and engaged co-workers
- Excellent top-tier Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- The chance to have a big impact, quickly
- The rare opportunity to make a dent in the universe. We’re bringing a love of reading and learning to children globally
HOMER is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
At HOMER, we are committed to building a diverse team of talented people who are passionate about creating educational content kids love. We believe in fostering a culture where productivity can flourish, one that is empathetic, respectful, and inclusive. At HOMER, we know that diversity, equity, and inclusion aren’t just an idea, a one-time initiative, or phrases to throw into a job post: they’re a daily practice and an ongoing conversation. We survey our team about inclusivity, run training on DEI topics, and have a committee to ensure we are all continuing to learn and grow.