HOMER is currently seeking a Marketing Designer, Video & Graphics to join our growing team! This role will be focused on the codeSpark brand, based remotely in the Los Angeles area until our LA office re-opens.
Reporting to the VP, Growth Marketing of codeSpark, the Video & Graphic Designer will be responsible for creating videos, motion animation, and graphic concepts across multiple marketing mediums such as paid social ads, brand initiatives, and email. They will help develop new creative executions and explorations to evolve the visual expression of the codeSpark brand while improving both performance and engagement. This person should be innovative, conceptual and comfortable working in a fast-paced and creative environment.
codeSpark, a BEGiN brand, is part of the HOMER family, with the #1 learn-to-code app for kids ages 5-10.
- Create engaging video-based motion graphics, animated gifs, and other assets for all Marketing channels.
- Generate multiple design explorations for new concepts.
- Iterate on existing high-performing creative.
- Contribute to creative brainstorms, perform competitive research, and develop an understanding of the parent/consumer mindset.
- Collaborate with both our Marketing and Product teams to surface the best in-app content to highlight in ads.
- 5+ years of design, motion graphics and video editing experience.
- Ability to apply and translate design principles across both static and animated graphics.
- Excellent typography skills and eye for detail.
- Experience creating high converting direct response assets such as paid social ads and banner ads.
- High level of proficiency with Adobe Creative Studio (Photoshop, Illustrator) and Adobe: Premiere, After Effects.
- Understanding of FX like motion tracking, roto, and compositing, any VFX / 3D a plus.
- An understanding of technical video specifications for delivery, including but not limited to, a variety of aspect ratios, resolution, frame rates, codecs, and containers.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Organized and creative with an eye for detail.
- Knowledge of children’s education and/or marketing to parents.
- Experience working on startup brands.
- A bachelor’s degree in Design, Visual Communication, Motion Graphics or related field.
We like people who:
- Are open to suggestions, collaborative, and thrive in team environments.
- Love and are willing to learn new technologies and styles.
- Are scrappy, entrepreneurial with the ability to turnaround high-quality projects quickly without depending on a large team.
HOMER is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
At HOMER, we are committed to building a diverse team of talented people who are passionate about creating educational content kids love. We believe in fostering a culture where productivity can flourish, one that is empathetic, respectful, and inclusive. At HOMER, we know that diversity, equity, and inclusion aren’t just an idea, a one-time initiative, or phrases to throw into a job post: they’re a daily practice and an ongoing conversation. We survey our team about inclusivity, run training on DEI topics, and have a committee to ensure we are all continuing to learn and grow.