HOMER is currently seeking a Social and Community Manager to join our growing team! This role will be based in our NYC office (upon re-opening) and report to the Director of Brand Marketing.
In this role, you will be the voice of the brand to our social community. You will own our social strategy helping to drive brand engagement, awareness, and subscriber acquisition for the HOMER brand. You will be responsible for developing and executing social media and community building strategies with a focus on compelling and brand-right content development and curation, strategic brand partnerships, and engaging customer and community experiences.
HOMER is the essential early learning program for kids 2-8. Powered by the HOMER Method, the most effective way for your child to learn— our expert-designed proprietary learning framework is research-backed and kid-tested to give your child the best start to their learning journey. Focused on both academic and personal skills, HOMER develops confident learners prepared for both school and life.
We are a high-growth business with an amazing set of investors. We offer competitive compensation including equity and full benefits in a creative, flexible environment that invests in professional development.
- Daily management and optimization of all organic social media posts across all channels, with a focus on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Identify ideas and implement strategies to raise our social media presence, increasing engagement, accelerating organic follower growth and driving word of mouth through social executions.
- Lead content creation and curation for social media channels, including content calendar development and management, writing captions and driving the development of social creative assets both independently and in partnership with creative.
- Set clear channel and social campaign goals and KPIs and consistently track and report against them, using industry and historical HOMER benchmarks to measure success, share insights and develop action plans.
- Provide thought leadership and forward-looking strategies on social media opportunities by staying current with competitive activity, best practices, industry innovations, tools and platforms to apply to our social and brand strategy.
- Be energized by real-time storytelling, creatively capitalizing on moments in culture to drive relevancy and attention for the HOMER brand.
- Daily monitoring and response to follower and customer comments and DM’s in close partnership with the Member Experience team.
- Engage with affinity brands and influencers on their channels when appropriate.
- Manage day-to-day influencer programs with agency partners to actively identify and cultivate new communities of influencers as well as new channel expansion opportunities.
- Develop influencer campaigns, content ideas, and activation tactics in collaboration with content strategist and channel leads to support quarterly content plan
- Drive efficient performance that is tracked and reported on daily, weekly and monthly vs. aggressive growth and ROI targets.
- 3+ years of experience in social media management, insights, or engagement for a consumer brand
- Passionate about understanding consumer needs, and staying ahead of the curve on new strategies, trends and Social channels for reaching our audience.
- Dedication to driving community conversation and keen interest in community insights and key growth indicators
- Proficiency with the tools and functions of all social channels – priorities are Instagram, Twitter and Youtube
- Proven and clearly defined successes in identifying winning engagement and amplification strategies on social media
- Extremely proficient in google sheets / excel.
- Passion for the children’s education space
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, visual, and written
- Experience with analytics for social media (Sprout) and Google Analytics
- Highly organized with ability to manage priorities and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexibility to be responsive and participate in social media conversations for HOMER outside of core business hours
- Excellent project management skills and ability to self-manage time and work schedule
We prefer but don’t require:
- Experience marketing to parents
- Experience working with design tools such as figma or Canva
- Experience intersecting with Customer Support/Zendesk a plus
We like people who:
- Are open to suggestions, collaborative, and thrive in team environments
- Are scrappy, entrepreneurial with the ability to turnaround high-quality projects quickly without depending on a large team
- Are Self-Starters: You have ownership over your domain, and are able to set a vision and drive process forward, pushing the envelope to bring new ideas to life and challenge the status quo
What you’ll get:
- HOMER offers competitive compensation including equity and full benefits
- Smart, passionate, and engaged co-workers
- Excellent top-tier Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- The chance to have a big impact, quickly
- The rare opportunity to make a dent in the universe. We’re bringing a love of reading and learning to children globally
HOMER is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. HOMER does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
At HOMER, we are committed to building a diverse team of talented people who are passionate about creating educational content kids love. We believe in fostering a culture where productivity can flourish, one that is empathetic, respectful, and inclusive. At HOMER, we know that diversity, equity, and inclusion aren’t just an idea, a one-time initiative, or phrases to throw into a job post: they’re a daily practice and an ongoing conversation. We survey our team about inclusivity, run trainings on DEI topics, and have a committee to ensure we are all continuing to learn and grow.