Who You Are
HomeLight seeks an experienced General Manager to join the management team and help drive the growth of our business into new product categories. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset who wants to build a new business unit from the ground up.
HomeLight has become the leader in providing objective real estate agent recommendations to consumers. However, the journey for the homebuyer or seller doesn’t stop there. This consumer also requires a mortgage, title insurance, staging, home inspection, moving services, general contractors, etc. HomeLight has a unique opportunity to provide recommendations on all of these services, and in the process become a comprehensive destination for homebuyers and sellers. Your role will be to lead this effort. Your role will be to create and grow the HomeLight Agent Services.
This role is highly collaborative: you will report directly to the VP of Agent Services and interact with cross-functional teams in San Francisco and Phoenix.
- Craft the strategy and vision of your business unit from current situation to scale; including defining long-term goals and go-to-market strategies
- Identify, prioritize, and conduct thorough due diligence on business opportunities and growth strategies
- Provide guidance and execution to all functional areas of the business, including sales, strategy, operations, engineering, and product
- Build industry partnerships and relationships to amplify impact
- Manage your vertical P&L and performance metrics related to new segment initiatives
- At least 7+ years of experience in strategy, operations, marketing or general management, and at least 2 years of experience running a business or business unit in a real estate or mortgage company
- Raw mental horsepower to quickly come up solutions to novel strategic problems
- Quantitative and data-driven mindset; able to draw insights from data, but also to make decisions based on imperfect data
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and do “whatever it takes”
- Customer-centric: you care deeply about every customer interaction and the experience of all buyers and sellers
- A strong and structured communication style, both verbally and in writing