HomeLight’s vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying. By analyzing 40 million+ real estate transactions from 2 million agents across the country, we are able to take an unbiased, data-driven approach to match our clients with top performing real estate agents to meet each of their specific needs. Our algorithm and marketplace solutions guide our clients through every step of the home buying or selling experience. Join us and build the nation's largest and most trusted platform for selling real estate!
You will be the product owner for HomeLight’s growth efforts, responsible for defining and executing a key part of the company’s strategy. The ideal candidate will have fluency and experience in building successful solutions to drive growth through acquiring and engaging new visitors. You will guide new product development through all stages of the product lifecycle, from identification of customer needs and product definition through development, launch, and sustainment. Your key stakeholders are 1) Our growth team focused on driving qualified new users to learn about HomeLight and 2) Business development teams focused on partnering with 3rd parties for mutual benefit. This is a highly cross-functional role and you will work closely with engineering, design, marketing and partnership teams. You should feel comfortable in a fluid, hyper-growth environment and will bring an energetic, fun, and creative approach to your work.
- Become one with your potential customers, identifying new market opportunities and envisioning game-changing solutions informed by thoughtful research and analysis.
- Work with internal teams, partners, and management to establish growth priorities, thoroughly owning your team roadmap.
- Translate business needs and requirements into design concepts and actionable user stories.
- Engage closely with the engineering, design, and product marketing teams to drive product development efforts.
- Manage project schedules and dependencies, and drive cross-functional initiatives.
- Prioritize your product backlog based on business priorities, market changes, and team velocity.
- Collaborate with SEM, SEO, business development and product marketing teams to develop and execute product launch strategies.
- Identify and track performance metrics for all products you own, and leverage data in your ongoing product management efforts.
- Collaborate with other product managers to ensure consistency and compatibility across all HomeLight products.
- Stay current with competitors and the rapidly evolving prop tech landscape; keep us informed on key developments that could impact the product roadmap
What we’re looking for
- Experience designing simple and intuitive user interfaces, with the ability to quickly create prototypes through wireframes and mockups
- Firm sense of accountability and ownership across the entire product development lifecycle
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for creating phenomenal products
- Self-motivated with a "get stuff done" attitude when approached with new challenges
- Ability to problem-solve both creatively and analytically
- Highly skilled in translating technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders, and vice-versa
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an innate ability to relate to technology
- Have a great sense of humor with the ability to laugh at yourself
Experiences we hope you’ll share with us:
- 3+ years of experience in product management working directly with engineering, design, and product marketing teams in agile software development environments
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving startup environment
- Impeccable track record of shipping innovative and winning products, with particular strengths in developing impactful consumer experiences
- Track record of working cross-functionally to drive alignment and results
- Experience with data analysis using your favorite analytical tool
- Passion for user experience and design
- Excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills
- Bias towards experimentation, action, and shipping!
- Reliable: you always do what you say you will do
What we want to give you:
- Space to explore ideas creatively, experiment and learn from failure
- Autonomy to make your own decisions
- Jointly developed, highly personalized growth plan
- Regular, consistent and actionable feedback to support your personal and professional growth
- A fun, thoughtful team to collaborate with and grow alongside
- Medical, vision, dental, and paternity/maternity benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Catered lunches and snacks
- Corporate gym membership
- Company events: happy hours, bowling, bocce league, etc.