Who We Are
We’re building the future of real estate — today.
HomeLight is the essential technology platform used by hundreds of thousands of homebuyers and sellers to partner with top real estate agents and win at any step of the real estate journey, whether that’s finding a top agent, securing a competitive mortgage, or ensuring on-time, easy close.
HomeLight facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its platform every year. Our vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying for all.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes. We’re committed to diversity both internally and externally through programs such as our Black Real Estate Agent Program with NAREB. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst who will be responsible for developing data piping and transformations to support downstream analytics, owning/monitoring key performance indicators, delivering actionable data insights, and visualization for HomeLight. You will work on projects with marketers, product managers, operations, the executive team, and even our PR team (e.g., finding stories in the data for journalists) that require you to have flexible quantitative skills.
You will be the go-to person for data questions, build datasets and visualizations, and communicate your findings in presentations. As a result of your work you will develop a deep understanding of the business and act as a subject matter expert on consumer and marketing models and key metrics.
What You’ll Do Here
- Manipulate and analyze large disparate data sets using Python, VBA or R to drive growth strategies based on profitability, market potential and sales trends
- Use statistical analysis or data mining tools to analyze data, model forecasts, and convert data into meaningful recommendations for business owners and the executive team
- Support ad hoc data requests through either SQL query or quick report or dashboard
- Help to drive the data strategy across multiple channels (website and apps, surveys, testing, market research etc)
- Partner with Data Engineering [to get tools set up and get more stuff]
- Develop core dashboards, reports and analytical tools for users ranging from analyst to executive
- Identify and blend data used to drive data-driven decisions across the organization
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field, Masters in Analytics, Economics and Statistics preferred
- 2 years of experience in a business intelligence analyst role in an online real estate, ecommerce, or online business environment
- 2-4 years experience writing and tuning SQL queries and pulling, combining, and manipulating data. Bonus if you have experience with programming languages for data manipulation.
- Strong quantitative skills and a basic understanding of statistics (e.g., when you find an interesting pattern, you can figure out when it is just noise). Bonus for someone with knowledge in machine learning and advanced statistics.
- Mid-level expertise in advanced web analytics methodologies such as experimentation and testing, competitive analysis, surveys and market research preferred
- Knowledge in Excel, VBA and other scripting languages (e.g., Python, R etc.).
- A desire to make using data across the company Simple, Certain, and Satisfying
- Excellent communication skills