We're building the future of real estate — today.
HomeLight empowers people to achieve better outcomes during one of life's most important events: buying or selling their home. Our vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying.
With over 800 employees worldwide, there are tremendous opportunities to continue to grow the business. Together, we're building, marketing, and supporting products that directly impact the world: helping to make the dream of homeownership a reality for thousands of people.
At HomeLight, we live by our six core values:
- Be Part of Our Family. Everyone on our team brings unique and important contributions to our culture and success.
- Find the Smarter Solution. Our product uses technology to help homebuyers and sellers achieve better outcomes. At work, we seek innovative and efficient ways to accomplish our goals.
- Take Ownership, Go Beyond. We take pride in our work and constantly look for ways to improve HomeLight beyond our primary responsibilities. We strive to over-deliver.
- Be Humble, Act Scrappy. The definition of "scrappy" in Urban Dictionary: A person who is little but can really kick some ass.
- Push Boundaries, But Do the Right Thing. There are times when rules are meant to be broken, and walls knocked down. But if so, it's important to ensure your actions benefit the common good.
- Work Hard, Ski Hard. The ski slopes are a metaphor for whatever excites you outside of work. Whether playing hockey, mixing cocktails, or spending time with your kids, find your passion.
If these values resonate with you, we encourage you to come join us - we are building something special.
About the Role
We are looking for a self-driven, analytical, and knowledgeable People & Culture Business Partner (HRBP) based in Dallas, Texas. This role will provide a blend of driving employee experience, employee relations, and technical and operational expertise, focusing on execution and building for scale. As a growing startup obsessed with user experience (both internal and external), this position will play a key role in helping to build the HR infrastructure necessary to make HomeLight a great place to work.
*Please note: This role requires a hybrid work schedule. The in office days will be Wednesday's and Thursday's.
A day in the life of your new role
- Deliver best-in-class support to our employees in every stage of their journey at HomeLight, from pre-onboarding to off-boarding.
- Act as an advisor to employees and managers across the company and assigned groups to enable them to do their best work every day.
- When it comes to employee relations, you are on a mission to resolve issues quickly and effectively, leveraging internal resources (e.g., legal counsel), when needed.
- Support the integrity of our employee data through reporting and running regular audits.
- In partnership with the Director of HR, support compliance, performance, and compensation management efforts.
- Independently work on problem-solving and resolving issues in a fast-paced and lean team environment.
- Work in business applications like Google Suite, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, and Slack, and pick up new systems along the way.
How you approach your work
- You have 5+ years of relevant HR Information Systems (HRIS) and/or People Operations experience, including a strong emphasis on Human Capital Management (HCM) administration and operations.
- You love solving problems and using analysis to build solutions and guide decision-making. You can move fluidly between long-term strategic decisions and immediate tasks, balancing business needs, employee needs, and compliance.
- You are biased to action, especially when it comes to continuous improvement through project management, crafting documentation, and building out HR knowledge base to better support employees and managers.
- You understand what you need to of the legal environment (and know when to bring in legal support) and derive joy from making sure that we adhere to all applicable employment laws, particularly HR policies and immigration.
- People who know you would call you a team player with a desire to jump in and be "hands on" as needed.
Benefits & Perks
HomeLighters are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our offerings:
- Paid Time Off - HomeLight encourages a work-life balance for our employees. We offer 15 days of PTO. On your second anniversary, this increases to 20 days of PTO.
- Healthcare - HomeLight offers a health care program that includes medical, dental, vision, life, disability, hospital, and tax-advantaged spending accounts (HSA, FSA, Dependent Care). There are multiple plan options to choose from to make the best choice for yourself, your partner, and your family.
- Retirement - HomeLight offers a 401(k) plan through Guideline that you can participate in immediately.
- Employee Assistance Program - HomeLight offers well-being support on issues ranging from personal matters to everyday life topics through the WorkLifeMatters program.
- Paid Family Leave - HomeLight offers up to twelve weeks for birth parents and six weeks for non-birth parents of 100% paid leave for baby bonding, adoption, and caring for family members
- Sabbatical - We thank our long-term team members with four weeks of paid sabbatical leave after four years of service.
- Wellness Subsidy - In further support of your well-being, HomeLight provides a wellness subsidy that can be applied to a gym membership, fitness classes, and more.