Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of life’s most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You are a knowledgeable escrow professional who is adaptable, resourceful, and deadline driven with disbursement and post closing experience. You love providing a smooth transaction experience to the buyer/seller and you know what it takes to provide exceptional customer service. You also think technology plays a valuable role to play in transforming real estate.
What You’ll Do Here
- Lead the team responsible for disbursement activity and post-closing processing for multiple states in a centralized processing environment.
- Daily monitoring of upcoming and pending disbursements scheduled using internal reporting tools and provide timely status updates to leadership.
- Working alongside escrow officers and operations teams to handle escalated items regarding the accurate and timely release of trust funds such as escrow accounts via wires or checks.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with bank policies and recording counties on the state and federal level.
- Distribute post-closing work based on daily volume and capacity to ensure work is completed within the SLA.
- Manage the disbursement and post-closing inbox, ensuring to communicate with clients in a timely manner via telephone or email.
- Review reporting and follow-up on files pending funding to ensure needed documents and corrections have been resolved.
- Resolve any problems, issues or questions, both verbally and in writing, to ensure customer satisfaction to maintain productive relationships with other bank departments.
- 4+ years of escrow/closing experience, multi state experience preferred.
- Experience managing fiduciary funds in a title and settlement business or accounting experience.
- High level of understanding of settlement statements, prorations, title insurance rates, and commissions for real estate brokers and agents.
- Requirements of a valid recordable document.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to spot errors or discrepancies and review data for accuracy.
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively communicate those deadlines with team members and other stakeholders.
- A clear understanding of the impact the disbursement process has on the consumer and clients and a track record of providing excellent customer service to clients at all times.
- You like leveraging technology to do your job more efficiently, and have implemented new processes or workflows in previous roles.
- You are flexible and can jump in to help other team members, even if it is out of your normal job scope.
- Knowledge of basic computer programs to include MS Office or Google Suite.
- Qualia experience is preferred.