Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of life’s most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
HomeLight is looking for a Backend Engineer with strong Ruby experience to work with our Agent Experience team to build exciting new products and services for our Listings Management and Referrals business. You likely have experience building web applications in Ruby on Rails and working in both distributed and non-distributed systems. You enjoy working as part of a highly collaborative team on ambitious projects, while also being self sufficient when it comes to execution.
What You’ll Do Here
- Build new web applications with a product-first approach and add features and functionality to our core applications that go directly into the hands of our internal users, real estate agents and clients around the nation.
- Fuel our platforms by pulling data from disparate sources, ingesting it, and syncing it across our various platforms.
- Decompose our core application where appropriate into smaller services using the best technologies for the problem at hand.
- Implement and improve our data models to support our current and future products and growth.
- At least 3+ years of experience building web applications, preferably in Rails. More is better.
- At least 3+ years of experience working with databases, preferably PostgreSQL.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working on a small team, ideally at a startup.
- Experience with one or more front-end frameworks: React, Ember, Backbone, etc.
- Familiarity with web analytics, A/B testing, and agile development methods.
- Familiarity with the Amazon AWS ecosystem and Heroku platform.