Who We Are
We’re building the future of real estate — today.
HomeLight is the essential technology platform used by hundreds of thousands of homebuyers and sellers to partner with top real estate agents and win at any step of the real estate journey, whether that’s finding a top agent, securing a competitive mortgage, or ensuring on-time, easy close.
HomeLight facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its platform every year. Our vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying for all.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes. We’re committed to diversity both internally and externally through programs such as our Black Real Estate Agent Program with NAREB. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You are entrepreneurial, with an ability to quickly learn how different parts of the business interact.
You will need to solve for multiple strategic priorities (i.e. growth, efficiency, and quality) and consider various stakeholders (buyers, sellers, agents, and employees). Each week will bring you a new set of projects and challenges, where success is measured by data-driven outcomes.
As a Head of Business Operations, Closing Services at HomeLight, you are the perfect mix of analytical, technical, and operational. You are a clear, confident communicator who loves taking a complicated problem, decomposing it, and building a compelling business case.
What You’ll Do
- Create and monitor metrics to support the optimization of HomeLight’s national title and escrow business
- Make recommendations to ensure our staff is able to support our planned business growth within Closing Services and our Cash Close business lines
- Own multiple vendor relationships, including sourcing, negotiations, pricing, impact on P&L, implementation, and monitoring
- Engage directly with our agents in order to receive feedback and brainstorm ways to improve our agent and client experience while ensuring quality control of any data product enhancements
- Work extremely cross-functionally, attending to various projects with our Finance, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, Executive teams, and more
- Engage directly with our real estate agents partners to continue to improve agent experience
- Be an all-around team player - as an operator in a growing start-up your responsibilities will constantly be growing and evolving
- SQL proficiency, required
- Experience in operationally-intensive businesses (e.g. proptech, ecommerce, ridesharing, food delivery) a plus
- Experience in professional services (consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, etc) a plus
- Desire to take initiative and a comfortability with change and ambiguity
- Intellectual horsepower and the ability to think through a broad range of business issues
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and offer recommendations
- Experience working cross functionally with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in real estate (sales, escrow, title, tech, etc) a plus
- Experience using R or Python, a plus
- Experience with business intelligence tools (Tableau, Apache Superset, Periscope), a plus