Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of life’s most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Our Escrow Officers are not busy with business development which allows them to focus on the customer and build lasting relationships with the Agents and Lenders. 100% of our escrow business is focused on purchases.
Who You Are
You’re excited by working on problems at the heart of the home buying and selling experience – one that’s slow and in desperate need of disruption. Building long-lasting and high-quality client relationships are integral to your day-to-day work. You’re a reliable operator with an analytical mindset, eager to roll up your sleeves and drive innovation in the industry.
What You’ll Do Here
- Performs all necessary duties to close escrow and transfer the title of property pursuant to the stipulations contained in the real estate contract and lender instructions, when applicable.
- Maintains constant communication with all parties throughout the escrow process.
- Completes real estate escrow transactions by determining requirements; clearing titles; assembling, preparing and reviewing closing documents; disbursing funds.
- Completes closing transaction documents by assembling documents; reviewing papers with parties; answering questions; checking documents for completeness and accuracy; obtaining signatures.
- Completes closing by recording and filing documents; preparing and distributing final closing statements and title.
- Prepares CD/Settlement Statement by utilizing lender instructions, escrow instructions and purchase contract, including all addendums.
- Conducts Closing - Describe closing and lender documents according to Presentation Standards and obtain signatures, collect the accurate amount of “Good Funds” and satisfy title and lender requirements.
- 2 plus years of stellar escrow processing experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical knowledge of the closing process, TRID, and CFPB requirements are required.
- Microsoft Suite and Google Suite proficient.