Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of life’s most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
HomeLight is looking for a Staff Engineer with strong architectural experience to work with our Consumer team to build exciting new consumer products. You likely have lots of experience in migrating monoliths to services and scaling Rails applications. You enjoy working in old or new codebases and are excited to provide technical mentorship to the team.
What You’ll Do Here
- Migrate our monolith to services
- Scale our existing Rails applications
- Work with event driven systems
- Build new consumer facing products
- Provide technical mentorship for the team
- Build understanding and consensus around architectural decisions
- At least 5+ years of experience building web applications, preferably in Rails
- Strong architectural experience
- Strong experience scaling applications, preferably in Rails
- Mentorship experience
- Solid experience with agile development processes