Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of life’s most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
You will have job security at HomeLight. 100% of our mortgage business is focused on purchases. This unit is growing very quickly and is built on the long-term sustainable agent relationships we have developed over the last 5 years. Our need for great mortgage professionals will continue to increase after the refi boom subsides.
- You think about data in terms of statistical distributions and patterns and know how to find patterns in data, identify targets for performance, and identify sources of variance about those targets.
- You are self-motivated and curious with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities and an innate drive to improve how things work.
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity. You find a way through. You anticipate. You connect and synthesize.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience in influencing decisions with the information.
- Your academic background is in a quantitative field such as Math, Finance, Statistics, Engineering.
- You understand business issues faced while operating in highly regulated environments
- Have the ambition to solve real business issues and pain points
- Enjoys working in a dynamic and fast-paced and environment; organized and able to juggle multiple projects
- You use good judgment balancing art and science when visually communicating information.
What you will be doing:
- Apply data analytics knowledge and experience in combination with analytical to product innovation
- Assess and review findings to determine areas of improvement for system feedback and team education.
- Support the development of corporate and project-level reporting
- Accurately input data into external systems and other applications as needed.
- Prepare quantitative data that will be presented to senior management
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Risk Management, Finance, Data, Legal) to support various funding and liquidity initiatives
- Assist in the maintenance of existing and development of new external relationships (banks, rating agencies, investors) through data analysis, presentations, due diligence and other requests as needed
- Funds loans within company designated time frames and ensure loan funds prior to lock expiration.
- Reviews final loan documents, escrow documents and underwriting conditions before funding.
- Ensures all loan documents have been signed correctly, completed accurately and all product specific forms are in the file.
- Reviews closing conditions received from escrow to ensure completion and accuracy (insurance policies, estimated Closing Disclosure, escrow instructions etc.) Reviews estimated Closing Disclosure to ensure fees charged match the lenders instructions.
- Ensures all underwriting conditions have been received and singed off before funding.
- BA/BS in business, finance, economics or other technical/quantitative discipline
- Proficiency in SQL, Excel and other analytical applications preferred
- 1-2 years of capital markets or relevant experience is a plus
- Plus: You have proven experience with at least one programming language.
- Exposure to debt capital markets