Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of life’s most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
Pre-Closing Specialists support the Local Operations in real-estate transaction processing. The ideal candidate has experience in the title and settlement industry specifically focused on closing purchase transactions in a high-volume environment. As part of the Centralized Services Unit (CSU), individual candidates will be placed in one or more departments within CSU based upon skills; previous experience and/or adaptability. The CSU provides a range escrow services for multiple states, including, but not limited to: order openings; all pre and post-closing responsibilities, and disbursements while focusing on maximizing efficiencies in order to assist the escrow branches with their day-to-day functions.
What You’ll Do Here
- Order, track, receive payoffs, estoppel letters, utility bills and tax information
- Prepare and transmit commitment packages for parties to the transaction
- Maintain consistent communication with the assigned Closer regarding the status of items
- Ensure system is constantly updated with all email and phone communication
- Escalate issues to local operations and appropriate internal teams
- May be asked to help with other departments on an as needed basis from time to time
- Additional duties as may be assigned by management based on business needs
- 1+ years of experience in the title/escrow business.
- Ability to Multi-task but also work in a single task-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of standard closing concepts, practices, and procedures of the real estate settlement industry is helpful.
- Ability to manage high volume transactions in a paperless environment
- You like leveraging technology to do your job more efficiently, and may have implemented new processes or workflows in previous roles
- You are a flexible team member, and can jump in to help other team members, even if it is out of your normal job scope
- Ability to work under a self-directed model with limited supervision
- Experience with Qualia is a plus.