Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of life’s most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You are a knowledgeable Escrow professional who is adaptable, resourceful, and deadline driven. You love providing a smooth transaction experience to the buyer/seller and you know what it takes to provide exceptional customer service. You also think technology plays a valuable role to play in transforming real estate.
What You’ll Do Here
- Working with Escrow Officers, Operations team to ensure accurate and timely release of trust funds from escrow accounts via wires or checks for various parties involved in real estate transactions in all markets that we service.
- Daily monitoring of upcoming and pending disbursements scheduled using internal reporting tools, providing updates to leadership team regularly on the status of disbursements
- Regularly ensuring all files to be disbursed and files with remaining balances are accounted for, escalating aged remaining balances with a sense of urgency
- Accept Disbursement Packages and review to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Perform quality control activities to ensure the disbursements ledger matches settlement statements, files are balanced, and funds received are in the form of good funds
- Confirm that wiring instructions are correct and that a wire checklist has been completed by the Operations team
- Work within bank portals and initiate or confirm outgoing wires
- Receipt incoming funds (checks and wires) and ensure an appropriate file reference is included
- Follow up and resolve any matters pertaining to rejected wires immediately
- Print checks and deliver in accordance with delivery instructions.
- Assist management with training for new team members/promotions, as needed for the business
- Additional duties as may be assigned by management based on business needs
- 1+ years of escrow/closing experience, multi state experience preferred.
- Experience managing fiduciary funds in a title and settlement business or accounting experience
- High level of understanding of settlement statements, prorations, title insurance rates, and commissions for real estate brokers and agents
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to spot errors or discrepancies and review data for accuracy
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively communicate those deadlines with team members and other stakeholders.
- A clear understanding of the impact the disbursement process has on the consumer and clients and a track record of providing excellent customer service to clients at all times
- You like leveraging technology to do your job more efficiently, and have implemented new processes or workflows in previous roles
- You are a flexible team member, and can jump in to help other team members, even if it is out of your normal job scope