Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of life’s most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You are a knowledgeable Title Policy Lead who is adaptable, resourceful, and deadline driven. You will assist the Head of National Operations or the specific Department Supervisor with monitoring the day-to-day duties within the Policy department; up to and including providing services for multiple states or regions, maximizing efficiency and profitability.
What You’ll Do Here
- Reviews and analyzes residential files for items necessary to issue title policies including, but not limited to, recorded documents, final commitment, surveys, lender/attorney instructions, tax certificates, etc
- Reviews recorded documents for accuracy and correctness for transaction type and timely recording and requests any corrections, when necessary
- Reviews title premium calculations and verifies that all policies and endorsements are calculated and issued (as required and regulated by the State Department of Insurance using promulgated rates) and in accordance with lender/attorney instructions
- Corrects any necessary premium exception within Qualia
- Determines “exceptions” to be shown on all policies based on policy/transaction/property types
- Inputs required data into Qualia for statistical reporting and interfacing with the Underwriter Policy integration/software
- Types policies based on review and readies them for mailing to Customers. Resolves title policy issues that may arise during or after closing.
- 5 years of escrow/title policy experience
- State insurance regulations, rate and procedural rules
- Basic and complicated underwriting procedures
- Coverages of title policy insurance
- Requirements of a valid recordable document
- Qualia experience recommended