Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of life’s most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You are a high-performing analytics professional with a passion for data, analytics, product and strategy. You also have an eagerness to join a fast-paced tech startup and have worked at startups before!
What You’ll Do Here
You will partner with and be exposed to a variety of teams at HomeLight as you navigate cross-functional conversations with various stakeholders and attend to ad hoc projects. Your knowledge around user behaviors, analytical techniques, and business operations will allow you to solve challenging problems in order to boost business and revenue growth. You will be responsible for driving and delivering key business initiatives and you will develop a deep understanding of all HomeLight business processes and act as a data and analytics expert for one or more business functions.
- Work directly with HomeLight stakeholders to optimize processes and improve the organization's core profitability
- Use statistical analysis or data mining tools to analyze data, identify insightful trends, and interpret the technical data into meaningful recommendations for other executives
- Exhibit a high level of expertise in helping driving the data strategy across multiple channels
- Support the launch of new products and features while working with engineering, design and sales
- High proficiency in Excel and SQL
- 2+ years experience using analytics to drive key business decisions
- 2-4 years experience writing and tuning SQL queries and building reports/dashboards
- Great verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with diverse groups including senior management
- Outstanding intellectual horsepower and the ability to think through a broad range of business issues
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and confidently offer recommendations based on your findings
- Desire to take a initiative in your role and an eagerness to bend with changes and ambiguity when needed
- A team player mentality - as an operator in a growing start-up your responsibilities will constantly be growing and evolving
- Ability to manage, track and prioritize a large number of tasks
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field