Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of life’s most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You are a knowledgeable Residential Real Estate Paralegal professional who is adaptable, resourceful, and deadline driven. You love providing a smooth transaction experience to the buyer/seller and you know what it takes to provide exceptional customer service. You also think technology plays a valuable role to play in transforming real estate.
What You’ll Do Here
- Assessing and preparing contracts, contract addendums, and closing documents.
- Perform due diligence including review of title commitments, surveys and underlying title documents and entity documents, coordinate and implement transactions and closings
- Facilitating communication between property owners, lenders realtors, clients, and lawyers.
- Prepare closing checklists, critical dates list, closing documents, various affidavits, certificates and resolutions and coordinate and control the closing process for various real estate transactions.
- Documenting processes, as well as maintaining hard copy files and electronic records.
- Answering client questions and escalating serious concerns.
- Keeping clients informed of progress made with real estate applications.
- Submitting accurate legal documents in a timely manner.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Function effectively and willingly as a team player.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- Proficiency in drafting and reviewing real estate and title curative documents.
- Experience in reviewing title work and surveys.
- Strong organizational, time management, and oral and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality of work product.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, depending on the situation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office or Google Suite