HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of life’s most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are:
HomeLight is seeking a Property Analyst to join the Cash Close team to help qualify properties. You have experience reviewing properties and determining their physical & legal condition. You are systematic, logical and have a gut sense of what property conditions are adverse or desirable. You understand how property repairs are calculated or have experience estimating repairs. You were a draw analyst, a listing assistant or have hand on experience with property repairs.
What You’ll Do Here:
The Cash Close Property Analyst’s primary function is to mitigate risk for both HomeLight and its investors by ensuring we purchase properties in a desirable condition. You’ll determine property eligibility for Cash Close through review of property inspection, legal documents, and public information. You will communicate findings to our internal teams via statements of work and property condition summaries.
- Order and review title reports, communicate liens or adverse findings
- Review property disclosures & HOA documents to determine program eligibility
- Review home, termite, sewer, radon & foundation inspections to determine the overall condition of a property
- Create statements of work based on repair estimates
- Provide property condition summaries so that the property condition can be reviewed holistically
- Continue developing processes and procedures and HomeLight scales.
- Experience reviewing a variety of residential property inspection types
- Understand the general components of a property and its major systems
- You know how to research and calculate repair costs
- Ability to follow documented process and notice when procedures can be improved
- Experience in a startup environment of face paced environment
- “Go getter” attitude about finding information that you need or don’t know
- Ability to provide a professional opinion about your analysis
- Prior experience in residential real estate
- Experience with google apps, slack and ability to learn internal systems quickly