Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of life’s most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
About the role:
This role is a free agent that will float around the system and squash bugs, fix performance issues, look for areas of improvement, and be security-minded. This role gets to work with manager, director, and vp directly.
Relevant experience: Ruby on Rails, Heroku, Postgres, AWS, Fastly, Sentry, DataDog, Sidekiq, Redis
What You Will Do Here:
- System logging, monitoring, tracing, and alerting
- Not a lot of feature work with a traditional PM
- More architecture than real coding
- React to outages and report root cause
- Writing services in shared API engine
- Performance investigations & improvements
- Heroku maintenance and tuning
- Good understanding of Heroku
- Dynos and threads
- Web concurrency
- Postgres (credentials, connection pooling)
- Private spaces
Bonus points for:
- Startup experience
- Scaled a monolith
- CDN setup and configurations