HomeLight seeks an additional contract editorial assistant who can help us ramp up our content production for each of our Resource Centers geared at homebuyers and sellers. This role is a remote contracted position with a minimum requirement of 20-25 hours per week at $20 per hour. Candidates ideally will have large stretches of weekday availability to coordinate and host interviews for our network of freelance writers.
Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of life’s most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
Your desk is as organized as Marie Kondo’s sock drawer. You revel in the satisfaction of to-do lists, color coding, and the perfect spreadsheet. Every day you reach inbox zero, and you’ve never met the scheduling challenge you couldn’t overcome.
You’re not afraid to hop on the phone and step in as a stellar representative of a company whose business is all about giving clients the amazing service and experience they deserve. You’ve got great attention to detail and know your grammar enough to spot a misplaced comma or a misspelled word. You’re hungry to learn more about the content world and be a part of the behind-the-scenes action of an editorial team.
What You’ll Do Here
The editorial assistant will:
- Transfer 30-40 longform blog posts per month into our content management system (WordPress). This includes cleaning up back-end HTML, image sourcing and placement, inserting H2s and other formatting, and filling out post fields and categorizations
- Proofread blog posts for typos and errors
- Schedule and host 20-30 half-hour long interviews between contract writers and HomeLight’s network of real estate agents per month, ensuring a wonderful client experience every time
- Review and coach a stable of dozens of freelance writers on their interview questions and phone etiquette
- Respond to freelance writer questions on behalf of editors as appropriate
- Schedule meetings and calls for a team of editors
- Schedule social media posts in Buffer
- Assist in compiling information for templated blog posts
- Take on ad-hoc research projects and side jobs to support editors
Preference given to those who have former editorial assistant or administrative assistant experience. Content writing or journalism background will be considered a plus.