Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to make smarter decisions during one of life’s most important moments: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You have flexible quantitative skills and the ability to clearly communicate your findings in presentations, build dashboards and visualizations, and be the go-to person for questions. You’re comfortable working with team members from across the company including marketers, product managers, operations, public relations, and the executive team. As a result of your work you will develop a deep understanding of the business and act as subject matter expert on consumer and marketing models and key metrics.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze data, develop prototypes using report and dashboard tools upfront in the project lifecycle thereby validating the requirements, eliminating ambiguity, and providing early visibility to business on the final solution
- Use statistical analysis or data mining tools to analyze data, identify insightful trends, and interpret the technical data into meaningful recommendations for other executives
- You will exhibit a high level of expertise in helping drive the data strategy across multiple channels (website and apps, surveys, testing, market research etc).
- You will support the business ad hoc data requests through SQL queries, quick spreadsheets, and dashboards; and analyze large quantities of data using Python, VBA or R to drive growth strategies based on profitability, market potential, and sales trends
- You will create new quantitative statistical models to reduce the overall operation cost of the business
- Deep knowledge of SQL and proven skills building reports/dashboards/data visualization
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field, Masters in Analytics, Finance and Statistics preferred
- 2 years of experience in a business intelligence business analyst role in an online ecommerce or online business environment
- Strong quantitative skills and a basic understanding in statistics (e.g., when you find an interesting pattern, you can figure out when it is just noise). We are not, however, looking for someone with an extensive background in machine learning and/or advanced statistics.
- Knowledge in Excel, VBA and other scripting languages (e.g., Python, R etc.)