Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of life’s most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You are an experienced, rising finance star who has worked across corporate FP&A and business unit finance functions. You understand budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, and are a great business partner. You understand overall company reporting, business unit reporting, and departmental reporting processes, and have assisted with the preparation of monthly or quarterly Board and/or executive management presentation decks. You have built or worked with acquisition models or company valuation models and understand the impactful assumptions around these models. You are a spreadsheet guru with business intelligence skills. You have experience working with planning and reporting systems, as well as building ad-hoc excel analyses and forecasting templates, and have ideally been through an ERP or stand-alone planning system implementation. You understand financial reporting pain-points and how to use automation and software to solve them. You have worked for a VC-backed technology company or division of a larger company, with core competency in corporate FP&A. You ideally have a banking background or competence in capital markets, as well as experience or a good understanding of the real estate industry.
You are a self-starter who is motivated by the challenge of taking your knowledge and using it to improve current reporting and create and execute robust financial models for a rapidly growing company. You are skilled in adapting to change and consistently seeking ways to add value to the organization. You are a problem-solver, naturally analytical and curious by nature, and diligent in researching data to help others make informed decisions.
You are excited to take on the challenge of working for a fast-paced, high-growth company that is transforming the real estate industry and developing new and innovative products to help consumers with one of the biggest financial decisions of their lives.
You want to work for a company that values culture, family, and personal success as much as it values the achievement of its business objectives.
What You’ll Do Here
- Lead the corporate FP&A function, reporting to the VP of Finance and working with senior management across the organization
- Manage quarterly BOD reporting and monthly management reporting processes, working together with the existing FP&A team
- Assist in the development of the annual budget
- Assist with the implementation of ERP systems and tools to manage performance against the annual budget, and to provide critical financial and operational insights
- Work with the Business Intelligence team to streamline and automate daily, weekly, and monthly reporting.
- Report, analyze, and interpret financial, and operating data for executive and business unit management.
- Provide analytical support to management to include P&L projections/forecasts, scenario planning, ratio analysis and cost analysis related to business models
- Work with management to develop, monitor, and report on key performance indicators for the business
- Assist with the development, preparation, and presentation of short- and long-range financial plans.
- Analyze current FP&A processes and strive to enhance/automate wherever possible.
- At least 8-12 years of experience in finance; with a minimum of 4-6 years in progressive corporate FP&A roles
- ERP experience (Oracle/Netsuite, Anaplan or similar), ideally including systems implementation
- Advanced Excel skills
- The ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Aptitude for collaborating across functions
- Superior verbal and written communications and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required (finance or accounting field preferred); MBA preferred
- Real estate or digital marketing industry experience a plus
- Capital markets, financing, mortgage experience an added plus
- SQL, Tableau, or other similar BI skills a plus
- IPO or investor relations experience a plus