Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of life’s most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You are a junior level payroll accountant with 2-3 years’ experience in general and payroll accounting processes and procedures, including payroll file setup, regular payroll processing, familiarity with payroll filings, in-depth reconciliations, and conducting analysis of compiled data. You are savvy when it comes to ensuring that computations tie, hunting down all the information required to complete reports, and willing to adapt and change as the business scales. You are a self-starter who is motivated by the challenge of taking your knowledge and using it to improve upon current reporting and create and execute robust and detailed reports for a rapidly growing line of business. You are skilled in adapting to change and consistently seeking ways to add value to the organization. You are naturally analytical and curious by nature, and fastidious in researching data to help others make informed decisions.
What You’ll Do Here
- Provide real-time support for payroll processing, payroll expense reporting, GL entries, tracking and recording liabilities, correspondence with payroll provider, and creating detailed reports.
- Assist in creating and maintaining processes for storage of information, including transaction payroll journals, employee change forms, and other reports.
- Work with management to assist with other GL accounting projects as needed
- Work with other functions to streamline and strengthen process, including system implementations.
- Ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality
- 2-3 years’ experience in payroll and GL junior level accounting.
- Mid-level proficiency in Excel
- The ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Aptitude for collaborating across functions
- Superior verbal and written communications and presentation skills
- Experience using QuickBooks and/or ERP/accounting systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting is required.
- Experience in Paylocity a plus!