Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of life’s most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You are excited about helping a growing organization build a phenomenal mortgage operations training program. You are a warm and approachable individual with unparalleled communication and organizational skills. You are able to break down complex mortgage operation directions and teach them to others in a way that is easily understood by your learners. You know just how to engage with an audience in a way that will provoke thoughtful conversation and effective learning opportunities. You care deeply about the success of your team members and your values align with HomeLight's mission of empowering others.
- 3-5+ years of mortgage operations experience (e.g. underwriter, loan manger, client manager, transaction ops specialist. etc) or mortgage training experience
- A desire to develop and lead onboarding trainings for new mortgage operations specialists
- Extensive knowledge of the mortgage-lending process and operations
- Engaging, organized, and polished presentation skills
- Phenomenal written and oral communication skills
- High emotional intelligence and patience
- Ability to remain organized and prioritize tasks while functioning in a fast-paced environment
- A genuine love of people
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Slides, Calendar, etc)
What You’ll Do Here
You will be an asset to HomeLight as you build out and support the learning and development of our growing Home Financing operations team! You will start by learning the operations of HomeLight’s underwriters, loan managers, client managers, and transaction operation specialists, then drive the execution and development of training programs to onboard new team members into these roles.
- Effectively deliver engaging trainings to HomeLighters to teach the fundamentals of HomeLight Home Financing and other related services
- Train and mentor HomeLighters on all aspects of HomeLight’s financing products and technology
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to continuously advance the knowledge and skillsets of HomeLighters
- Maintain and improve our training resources
- Identify knowledge gaps and training opportunities
- Track L&D metrics with stakeholders to measure and report the impact of teaching initiatives
- Develop and manage strategic programs including new learning programs, continuous education, and ongoing coaching opportunities