Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of life’s most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You are a systems thinker, with an ability to quickly learn how different parts of the business interact.
You will need to solve for multiple strategic priorities (i.e. growth, efficiency, and quality) and consider various stakeholders (buyers, sellers, agents, and employees). Each week will bring you a new set of projects and challenges, where success is measured by data-driven outcomes.
As a Business Operations Manager at HomeLight, you are the perfect mix of analytical, technical, and operational. You will collect, sanitize, analyze, and synthesize data; apply critical thinking & communications skills to make actionable recommendations; and drive those recommendations through to execution. You are a clear, confident communicator who loves taking a complicated problem, decomposing it, and building a compelling business case.
What You’ll Do
- Create and monitor metrics to support the optimization of HomeLight’s national title and escrow business
- Make recommendations to ensure our staff is able to support our planned business growth within Closing Services and our Cash Close business lines
- Own multiple vendor relationships, including sourcing, negotiations, pricing, impact on P&L, implementation, and monitoring
- Engage directly with our agents in order to receive feedback and brainstorm ways to improve our agent and client experience while ensuring quality control of any data product enhancements
- Work extremely cross-functionally, attending to various projects with our Finance, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, Executive teams, and more
- Engage directly with our real estate agents partners to continue to improve agent experience
- Be an all-around team player - as an operator in a growing start-up your responsibilities will constantly be growing and evolving
- SQL proficiency, required
- Experience in operationally-intensive businesses (e.g. proptech, ecommerce, ridesharing, food delivery) a plus
- Experience in professional services (consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, etc) a plus
- Desire to take initiative and a comfortability with change and ambiguity
- Intellectual horsepower and the ability to think through a broad range of business issues
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and offer recommendations
- Experience working cross functionally with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in real estate (sales, escrow, title, tech, etc) a plus
- Experience using R or Python, a plus
- Experience with business intelligence tools (Tableau, Apache Superset, Periscope), a plus