Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to make smarter decisions during one of life’s most important moments: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
What You'll Do Here
- Building, testing, and releasing product-facing features with stringent correctness and scalability requirements.
- Designing a solution with other engineers and the ops team to fix a scalability problem and then implement it.
- Working with other engineering teams to fine tune our REST API.
- Design and refactor our databases to support our current and future products and growth.
- Decompose our core application where appropriate into smaller services using the best technologies for the problem at hand.
- Having a dedicated mentor in the first months who will review your code and help you get ramped up.
- 3+ years of API Development with Ruby
- Experience with Rails engine
- Good intuition for REST API design
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with one or more web frameworks: Rails, Django.
- Experience with Data Modeling, ElasticSearch
- Familiarity with writing highly concurrent systems
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Heroku, Postgres
- Familiarity with python
- Experience debugging distributed systems.
- Experience working on a small team, ideally at a startup.
- Familiarity with the Amazon AWS ecosystem