Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of life’s most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You are the voice of and advocate for the user. You have a background in software product design and have experience working with engineering and product management teams. You enjoy the full lifecycle of product development from ideation, user research and conception to wireframing, user testing; and high fidelity mocks. You are a clear and effective communicator with both designers and members outside of the design team. You enjoy working in a warm, growing, environment and value being part of an energetic, fun and creative team.
What You’ll Do Here
As a Product Designer on our Agent Experience team, you will be responsible for designing software-based experiences that Real Estate Agents use to power their business. While in this role, you will:
- Work on broadly defined concepts, as well as specific tactical deliverables.
- Focus on what you do best — whether that’s sketches, wireframes, user research, prototypes, designs, or code—and you’ll have the opportunity to sharpen the skills you’re looking to develop.
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with the design, product, and engineering teams.
- Participate in design reviews and share your work regularly with the design team and company leadership.
- Contribute to and help develop our product process and design systems.
- An uncompromising service-mindset towards our users and your colleagues, and are able to set and achieve priorities that find the perfect balance between benefiting the project, the Design team, and all of HomeLight.
- 3+ years of experience designing software products working directly with engineering, design, and product management teams.
- Can reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, and ease of use.
- Experience designing for business and consumer-focused products.
- Dedication to keep pushing your work until all details are attended to.
- Experience explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and crave feedback to help you produce your best work.
- Experience in systems thinking and are able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors.
- A love for working with other designers and are dedicated to help them learn and grow.