Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to make smarter decisions during one of life’s most important moments: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
What You Will Do Here:
- Take an innovative approach to creating new products, while improving upon our core products.
- Build new web applications and add features and functionality to our core applications that go directly into the hands of users home buyers, sellers, and agents around the nation.
- Fuel our growth engine by pulling data from disparate sources, ingesting it, and making recommendations.
- Decompose our core application where appropriate into smaller services using the best technologies for the problem at hand.
- Design and refactor our databases to support our current and future products and growth.
- Build out our communications infrastructure including telephony, messaging, chat, etc.
- 3+ years of API Development with Ruby/Rails, Node.js/Express, or an equivalent framework
- Strong SQL skills and discipline with testing
- Experience with one or more web frameworks: Rails, Django, Spring.
Bonus points for:
- Expertise with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with Data Modeling, ElasticSearch, Heroku, Postgres
- Experience debugging distributed systems.
- Experience working on a small team, ideally at a startup.
- Familiarity with the Amazon AWS ecosystem
Send your resume and a brief note about why you’d be a good fit to email@example.com. No formal cover letters, please. We look forward to meeting you!