Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to make smarter decisions during one of life’s most important moments: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You are a highly effective, prolific leader, who has experience covering all the mortgage production functions except Loan Officer, Final Underwriting and Capital Markets. You care deeply about improving the quality of life at work and believe technology can make the mortgage production role more satisfying and fulfilling. You thrive on continuous improvement, rely heavily on feedback, and have developed a keen listening sense. You are a hands-on leader and have proven experience managing various facets of the mortgage loan process.
What You’ll Do Here
You will perform the end to end mortgage processing functions and govern a pipeline as HomeLight Home Loans scales to originating $100 Million per month of Qualified Mortgages within a year.
- Handle responsibilities in our back-office for up to 70 loans per month including processing with general underwriting knowledge, disclosures, closing, funding, doc-drawing, and post-closing
- Execute the loan manager functions by supplementing the system with interventions, clearing flags, applying rules that system has not yet been trained to apply and interfacing over email, phone, or messaging interfaces with the borrower, real estate professional, settlement agent, insurance providers, etc
- Identify software or process solutions that will prevent potential bottlenecks and provide subsequent feedback to the team.
- Ensure mortgages produced by HLHL have no unresolved compliance or collateral errors
- Collaborate with the underwriter to support the process and pace of the loan flow through the pipeline
- Be a core member of a team that is innovative and passionate about changing the mortgage world forever
- 3 years experience in the mortgage production line at a non-bank mortgage lender or at least 5 years at a bank mortgage department
- Experience closing/funding or drawn closing docs across multiple states
- Prior experience in pre-underwriting, processing, post-closing or at the disclosure desk in an individual capacity
- Proficiency with TRID guidelines in respect to initial disclosures and closing disclosures
- Experience surfacing errors and mistakes before loan consummation
- The ability to recognize tell tale signs of broken processes, and fix problems before they “break” the team or business
- Exceptional communication skills; providing feedback and surfacing things that are wrong and rightfully focus on improvement.
- Proven analytical chops and critical thinking skills
Send your resume and a brief note about why you’d be a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org. No formal cover letters, please. We look forward to meeting you!