HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to make smarter decisions during one of life’s most important moments: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
About The Role
HomeLight Title is delivering the next generation of Closing Services to Illinois! We are seeking an Associate Real Estate Attorney to help us make our vision a reality. Our ideal candidate is a passionate industry expert who is looking to make a major impact and has the vision and technical competence to support HomeLight Title's next generation of Closings experience in the state of Illinois.
- Support the day to day operations of a fast-paced and high volume branch
- Utilize your expertise in real estate law to review title work
- Remain familiar with Illinois title commitments and the process to clear curative requirements prior to closing
- Enforce adherence to Illinois State requirements
- Read and interpret contracts including lender's instructions, trust agreements, purchase contracts, and underwriting guidelines
- Establish a new Closing operation in Illinois. You need to be technically competent to create a cutting edge operation that is fully compliant
- Utilize cutting edge closing technology and exceptional customer service. We strive for a high degree of human interaction with our clients supported by the latest technology. We believe it takes both humans and software to craft the winning formula
- Manage compliance within the branch with regard to company policies, procedures and auditing compliance
- 2-3 years of real estate law experience is required
- Must be licensed to practice law in the state of Illinois
- A Juris Doctorate degree
- Medical, Vision, Dental & More
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time-Off
- Volunteer Time-Off
- Corporate Health and Wellness Reimbursement