HomeLight’s vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying. We provide software and services to home buyers, sellers, and real estate agents including HomeLight Agent Matching, the investor matching platform Simple Sale, HomeLight Home Loans, and HomeLight Closing Services. Each year, HomeLight helps hundreds of thousands of clients connect with top real estate agents, and it facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its platform.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze data, develop core dashboards report and dashboard tools
- Use statistical analysis or data mining tools to analyze data, identify insightful trends, and convert data into meaningful recommendations for business owners and the executive team
- Help to drive the data strategy across multiple channels (website and apps, surveys, testing, market research etc).
- Support ad hoc data requests through either SQL query or quick report or dashboard and analyze large quantities of data using Python, VBA or R to drive growth strategies based on profitability, market potential and sales trends
- Create new quantitative statistical models to reduce the overall operation cost of the business
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field, Masters in Analytics, Finance and Statistics preferred
- 2 years of experience in a business intelligence analyst role in an online real estate, ecommerce, or online business environment
- 2-4 years experience writing and tuning SQL queries and building reports/dashboards. This experience has allowed you to not only to drill down deeply into the data looking for insights but also to help others on the team gain access to more insightful data (e.g., dashboards). If you can supplement or mostly replace SQL with Python, that’s a plus but not necessary.
- Strong quantitative skills and a basic understanding of statistics (e.g., when you find an interesting pattern, you can figure out when it is just noise). We are not, however, looking for someone with an extensive background in machine learning and advanced statistics.
- Mid-level expertise in advanced web analytics methodologies such as experimentation and testing, competitive analysis, surveys and market research preferred
- Knowledge in Excel, VBA and other scripting languages (e.g., Python, R etc.) and experience in reporting systems like Tableau, Looker, and Periscope.
- Excellent communication skills
- Medical, Vision, Dental
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time-Off
- Volunteer Time-Off
- Catered Lunches and Fully-Stocked Kitchen Onsite
- Corporate Gym Membership
- Company Events: Annual Retreat, Happy Hours, & More!