HomeLight’s vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying. We provide software and services to home buyers, sellers, and real estate agents including HomeLight Agent Matching, the investor matching platform Simple Sale, HomeLight Home Loans, and HomeLight Closing Services. Each year, HomeLight helps hundreds of thousands of clients connect with top real estate agents, and it facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its platform.
HomeLight Editorial Operations Assistant (Contract)
HomeLight seeks an additional editorial assistant who can help us ramp up our content production for each of our Resource Centers geared at home sellers, homebuyers, and real estate agents. This role is a remote contracted position with a minimum requirement of 20-25 hours per week starting at $15 per hour.
Are we meant to be?
Your desk is as organized as Marie Kondo’s sock drawer. You revel in the satisfaction of to-do lists, color coding, and the perfect spreadsheet. Every day you reach inbox zero, and you’ve never met the scheduling challenge you couldn’t overcome.
You’re not afraid to hop on the phone and step in as a stellar representative of a company whose business is all about giving clients the amazing service and experience they deserve. You’ve got great attention to detail and know your grammar enough to spot a misplaced comma or a misspelled word. You’re hungry to learn more about the content world and be a part of the behind-the-scenes action of an editorial team.
If so, we’re building a content empire and we need your help:
The editorial assistant will:
- Transfer 30-40 longform blog posts per month into our content management system (WordPress). This includes cleaning up back-end HTML, image sourcing and placement, inserting H2s and other formatting, and filling out post fields and categorizations
- Proofread blog posts for typos and errors
- Schedule and host 20-30 half-hour long interviews between contract writers and HomeLight’s network of real estate agents per month, ensuring a wonderful client experience every time
- Review and coach a stable of dozens of freelance writers on their interview questions and phone etiquette
- Respond to freelance writer questions on behalf of editors as appropriate
- Schedule meetings and calls for a team of editors
- Schedule social media posts in Buffer
- Assist in compiling information for templated blog posts
- Take on ad-hoc research projects and side jobs to support editors
Preference will be given to those who have former editorial assistant or administrative assistant experience.