HomeLight’s vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying. We provide software and services to home buyers, sellers, and real estate agents including HomeLight Agent Matching, the investor matching platform Simple Sale, HomeLight Home Loans, and HomeLight Closing Services. Each year, HomeLight helps hundreds of thousands of clients connect with top real estate agents, and it facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its platform.
Who You Are
You are a tactile person with no qualms about rolling up your sleeves and diving into developing creative solutions to interesting business challenges. You are extremely good at communicating with diverse teams of both technical and nontechnical, as well as internal and external stakeholders. Lastly, you’re craving an opportunity that allows you to apply your expertise in order to make major waves within a fast-paced environment where your impact will certainly not go unnoticed.
What You’ll Do
- Create and monitor metrics to support the optimization of HomeLight’s national title and escrow business
- Make recommendations to ensure our staff is able to support our planned business/sales growth including HomeLight Home Loans, Cash Close, and Simple Sale
- Engage directly with our agents in order to receive feedback and brainstorm ways to improve our agent experience while ensuring quality control of any data product enhancements
- Work extremely cross-functionally, attending to various projects with our Finance, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, Executive teams, and more.
- Engage directly with our real estate agents partners to continue to improve agent experience
- Be an all-around team player - as an operator in a growing start-up your responsibilities will constantly be growing and evolving
- 2+ years using SQL
- 2+ years using R (ggplot and tidyverse fluency) or Python (seaborn and pandas fluency)
- Desire to take initiative and a comfortability with change and ambiguity
- Intellectual horsepower and the ability to think through a broad range of business issues
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and offer recommendations
- Experience working cross functionally with technical and non-technical customers
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Bash/*nix experience, a plus
- AWS console experience (spinning up and securing EC2 instances), a plus
- Experience with business intelligence tools (Tableau, Apache Superset, Periscope)
- Medical, Vision, Dental
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time-Off
- Volunteer Time-Off
- Catered Lunches and Fully-Stocked Kitchen Onsite
- Corporate Gym Membership
- Company Events: Annual Retreat, Happy Hours, & More!