Create the future of the Settlement Industry with HomeLight!
HomeLight’s vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying. We provide software and services to home buyers, sellers, and real estate agents including HomeLight Agent Matching, the investor matching platform Simple Sale, HomeLight Home Loans, and HomeLight Closing Services. Each year, HomeLight helps hundreds of thousands of clients connect with top real estate agents, and it facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its platform.
Title & Escrow at HomeLight
Are you intrigued by the idea of redefining and creating the future of Title & Escrow and believe you have what it takes to run an expanding high volume, multi-state operation?
HomeLight is growing and expanding! We are a national company attracting a ton of attention (You may have seen us during the US Figure skating championships, as the main sponsor for the team). We are now looking to reinvent Title & Escrow. Currently we operate Title & Escrow in four markets, California, Colorado, Florida and Pennsylvania. This is your chance to join our Title & Escrow team at the ground floor and help us build the next generation of Settlement Services.
About the position
We are looking for a title and escrow operational rockstar to scale us from 4 states of operations to the majority of the U.S. You will hire and manage a team of escrow officers and support personnel to deliver a revolutionary settlement experience that clients will actually enjoy. We aim to blend the best of technology with the best human service to reinvent the settlement services industry and that’s where you come in.
You will utilize your regional knowledge and experience with the unique state specific requirements to creating a better process for both our consumers and real estate agents. You will use your leadership and motivational skills to train and standardize a team of settlement employees across multiple states. You will strive for excellence in all that we do by holding the team accountable for delivering both great results and great customer service.
This is a hands on operations role in a fast paced environment. While you keep the trains running and on time across multiple locations in multiple states, you will also help craft the settlement services company of the future by hiring the best people in the business and equipping them with the best technology stack to deliver the escrow experience we all want but that doesn’t exist yet. Your knowledge of both escrow and title will help us deliver a next generation service offering that will be the best settlement company in the nation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the day to day operations of multiple regional branch offices operating in multiple states doing purchase escrows and title insurance. You will be talking with consumers, agents and underwriters daily and provide guidance to agents and consumers on all aspects of escrow and title.
- Enhance HomeLight’s reputation by creating new and improved processes to create a first rate settlement company of the future.
- Ensure compliance in all aspects of company policies and procedures, escrow rules and regulations across multiple state boundaries.
- Create quarterly/annual personal development plans, coaching, feedback and written counseling if needed for escrow teams
- Work with our technology teams to scope the future of settlement services using the very latest tools.
- Create successful partnerships with our Title Insurance underwriting partners
- Support the branches in maintaining a high level of service and satisfaction to clients
- Constantly update your job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining social media networks and participating in professional organizations
- Maintain high standard of confidentiality
- 5 to 10 years escrow or title experience with detailed knowledge of the escrow and title process
- Exceptional technical proficiency with escrow and title software. You know Reware and Qualia so well, that the vendors want your input on how we should configure them.
- You are comfortable working across state lines and understand the regional differences for many geographies.
- You have exceptional knowledge of title insurance products with deep understanding of the coverage afforded by different products such as; standard policies, extended coverage policies, limited coverage policies, other guarantees, various endorsements, and can identify extra hazardous risks
- You can examine complex title orders to determine the conditions of the title and insurability by considering the effect of documents such as deeds, deeds of trust, mechanics liens, tax liens, judgments, assessments, probates and other matters of record
- The ability to research and interpret court proceedings, probate cases, bankruptcy filings, plats and surveys
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- You believe you have what it takes to create the settlement services agency of the future.
- You are accountable for revenue, increasing the client base, budgets, cost control, profits and sales
- The ability to assess and coach other employees to improve their processes and performance.
- Develop clear and concise goals and growth plans for multiple offices in multiple geographies.
- You love to win.
- Medical, Vision, Dental
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time-Off
- Volunteer Time-Off
- Catered Lunches and Fully-Stocked Kitchen Onsite
- Corporate Gym Membership
- Company Events: Annual Retreat, Happy Hours, & More!