We are on a mission to empower people to make smarter decisions during one of life’s most important moments: buying or selling their home. By analyzing 30 million+ real estate transactions from 2 million agents across the country, we are able to take an unbiased, data-driven approach to match our clients with top performing real estate agents to meet each of their specific needs. Our algorithm and marketplace solutions guide our clients through every step of the home buying or selling experience. Join us and build the nation's largest and most trusted platform for selling real estate!
Who you are:
As our Head of PR and Communications, you will be working cross-functionally with key stakeholders, future advertisers, and our C-level executives. You will own HomeLight’s corporate communications strategy. You’ll create and drive communication strategies that build brand love, affinity, adoption and advocacy. This includes maintaining the HomeLight press drumbeat around specific product and corporate initiatives to a wide range of stakeholders including the press, bloggers, influential members of the business community, employees, and shareholders.
What you will do here:
- Build brand awareness by refining and evolving our approach to telling the HomeLight story to, and through, the media.
- Act as a key storyteller to our most important external partners including press, bloggers and influencers. Build lasting and productive relationships with the media for HomeLight.
- Build the executive communication platform for CEO and select members of the Executive Leadership Team
- Build a world class PR/Comms function, team, and strategy that grows along with our business.
- Leverage data and metrics to measure the success from various campaigns and communications.
- 7+ years in PR or Communications.
- Experience placing stories at top-tier national print and broadcast media outlets; corporate and consumer
- Existing relationships with key journalists in tech and business media with capacity to build trust with journalists across all media segments as programs demand
- Exceptional written and verbal communicator who is adept at framing, positioning and influencing
- Proven ability to drive key messages through inspiring and differentiated communication programs
- Desire to spread the good word about HomeLight and its products to our clients and our agent partners
- Bold creative thinker; takes risk and challenges assumptions
- Willing to move fast and define objectives, strategies and tasks without waiting for top-down direction, but also able to optimize based on feedback from leadership
- Professional experience with Real Estate is a plus.
- Medical, vision, dental, and paternity/maternity benefits.
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Catered lunches and snacks
- Corporate gym membership
- Company events: happy hours, bowling, bocce league, etc.
To make sure we hire the most qualified people, we have a multi-step interview process which may include interviews, a homework assignment, and a reference check. We’re excited to get to know you and hope you’re ready to give this opportunity everything you’ve got!