HomeLight’s vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying. We provide software and services to home buyers, sellers, and real estate agents including HomeLight Agent Matching, the investor matching platform Simple Sale, HomeLight Home Loans, and HomeLight Closing Services. Each year, HomeLight helps hundreds of thousands of clients connect with top real estate agents, and it facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its platform.
About HomeLight Home Loans
HomeLight Home Loans is a digital mortgage lender empowering today’s homebuyer. We offer simple, transparent home loans that enable all creditworthy buyers to be treated like cash buyers. We’re rebuilding the $10 trillion mortgage industry from the ground up using our powerful, automated technology. With Home Loans, homebuyers are fully underwritten in just 24 hours, providing cash-like certainty.
Even better? We save our clients thousands of dollars and weeks of frustration.
In May 2019, HomeLight Home Loans joined forces with HomeLight to help 100,000’s of home buyers, sellers and realtors across the country. Together, we’re empowering people to achieve the best outcome when buying or selling real estate.
For every mortgage that HomeLight Home Loans provides, HomeLight Home Loans builds a home for a family in need in India. Your work will help millions of families improve their lives.
- You have at least 5 years of experience with underwriting of Conforming loans and/or signing authority for Jumbo and Super Jumbo up to 2MM at a non-bank mortgage lender or a federally chartered bank
- You care deeply about improving your own quality of life at work and believe technology can make the mortgage underwriting role more satisfying and fulfilling
- You consistently surface errors and mistakes before loan consummation
- You thrive on continuous improvement, rely heavily on feedback, and have developed a keen listening sense
- You are uniquely attuned to the tell tale signs of broken processes, and fix problems before they“break” the team or business
- You believe that most problems should be solved using technology or smarter processes, and not just accepted and left to linger
- Your co-workers describe you as a prolific and effective team member
- You surface things that are wrong and rightfully focus on improvements
About the Role
HomeLight Home Loans is looking for a Mortgage Loan Underwriter who can perform the underwriting function and govern a pipeline as HomeLight Home Loans scales from originating a handful of loans to $100 Million per month of Jumbo QM within a year.
- You will handle the underwriting of Jumbo and Super Jumbo loans for HomeLight Home Loans Operations going from launch to 60/70 loans per month
- Assist in recruiting excellent team members who want to operate and supervise our automated software platform
- Be a core member of a team that is innovative and passionate about changing the mortgage world forever
- Execute the underwriting function by supplementing the system with interventions, clearing flags, and applying rules that the system has not yet been trained to apply
- Anticipate problems and focus on prevention
- When bottlenecks or problems persist, identify software or process solutions that will prevent these from happening again
- Work closely with the Origination Operations manager and Mortgage Platform lead in specifying system requirements to get the system to perform recurring process steps or requirements to fix problems and improve efficiency
- Ensure mortgages produced by Home Loans have no unresolved underwriting or collateral errors
- Medical, Vision, Dental
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time-Off
- Volunteer Time-Off
- Catered Lunches and Fully-Stocked Kitchen Onsite
- Corporate Gym Membership
- Company Events: Annual Retreat, Happy Hours, & More!