Eave is looking for a Loan Manager who can perform the end to end mortgage processing functions and govern a pipeline as Eave scales to originating $100 Million per month of Qualified Mortgages within a year.
Eave by Homelight is a digital mortgage lender empowering today’s homebuyer. We offer simple, transparent home loans that enable all creditworthy buyers to be treated like cash buyers. We’re rebuilding the $10 trillion mortgage industry from the ground up using our powerful, automated technology. With Eave, homebuyers are fully underwritten in just 24 hours, providing cash-like certainty. Even better? We save our clients thousands of dollars and weeks of frustration. In May 2019, Eave joined forces with Homelight to help 100,000’s of home buyers, sellers and realtors across the country. Together, we’re empowering people to achieve the best outcome when buying or selling real estate.
For every mortgage that Eave provides, Eave builds a home for a family in need in India. Your work will help millions of families improve their lives.
What does a Loan Manager do?
- The Loan Manager function covers all the mortgage production functions except Loan officer, Final Underwriting and Capital Markets. Eave is consolidating the processing, disclosures, doc-drawing, funding and post-closing functions into one. This is possible because our proprietary platform allows us to harness the system driven nature of these functions and allows for human intervention to be focused on external interfaces (with settlement agents etc.) and unique/one-off situations.
Who you are?
- You have at least 3 years experience in the mortgage production line at a non-bank mortgage lender or at least 5 years at a bank mortgage departmentYou have closed/funded or drawn closing docs across multiple states
- You have prior experience in pre-underwriting, processing, post-closing or at the disclosure desk in an individual capacity
- You are proficient with TRID guidelines in respect to initial and closing disclosures
- You care deeply about improving your own quality of life at work and believe technology can make the mortgage production role more satisfying and fulfilling
- You consistently surface errors and mistakes before loan consummation
- You thrive on continuous improvement, rely heavily on feedback, and have developed a keen listening sense
- You are uniquely attuned to the tell tale signs of broken processes, and fix problems before they “break” the team or business
- You believe that most problems should be solved using technology or smarter processes, and not just accepted and left to linger
- Your co-workers describe you as a prolific, super smart and an effective team member
- You surface things that are wrong and rightfully focus on improvements
What you will accomplish at Eave?
- Handle responsibilities in the Eave back-office for up to 70 loans per month including processing with general underwriting knowledge, disclosures, closing, funding, doc-drawing, and post-closing
- Assist in recruiting excellent team members who want to operate and supervise our automated software platform
- Execute the loan manager functions by supplementing the system with interventions, clearing flags, applying rules that system has not yet been trained to apply and interfacing over e-mail, phone, or messaging interfaces with the borrower, real estate professional, settlement agent, insurance providers or Eave’s technology vendor-partners
- Anticipate problems and focus on preventionWhen bottlenecks or problems persist, identify software or process solutions that will prevent these from happening again and providing the feedback to team members to help create enhancements for system for prevention
- Ensure mortgages produced by Eave have no unresolved compliance or collateral errorsCollaborate with the underwriter to support the process and pace of the loan flow through the pipeline
- Be a core member of a team that is innovative and passionate about changing the mortgage world forever
This is a full-time position based in San Francisco, CA and does not currently offer Remote working positions. This role reports into our Head of Origination Operations.