Eave, HomeLight’s mortgage subsidiary, is looking for its first Capital Markets Director to build and lead a secondary marketing, secondary sales and revenue maximization function even as Eave scales to $100 Million per month in loan production over the next year.
What does the Director, Capital Markets do?
Role will start off fairly hands on, responsible for all things secondary execution for a young mortgage originator. With growth, this role is responsible for building a team to manage the secondary function with the following responsibilities
- Assessing short and long-term funding needs and ensuring those needs are met and liquidity is adequate
- Managing the loan production pipeline to ensure loans are produced, shipped, and delivered in an efficient manner
- Establishing and managing relationships with GSEs & FHA, Banks & Real Estate Investment Trusts buying whole loans such
- Managing all aspects of pricing, loan locking, and delivery - daily mortgage pricing, best efforts pipeline including lock requests, reconciliations and extensions. Shipping and purchase of closed loan packages
- Coordinates and executes all aspects of bulk loan sales including pool creation, due diligence requests, closing and funding and post-sale servicing.
What is Eave?
Eave, a wholly owned subsidiary of HomeLight, is rebuilding the $10 trillion mortgage industry from first principles. We allow creditworthy homebuyers to bid on and buy a home as if they were a cash buyer. We rebuilt all of mortgage origination, underwriting, and funding in our full-stack, automated software platform. This software means that both our user experience and products offered are worlds better than the industry standard. Our platform is simple, understandable and intuitive, saving homebuyers, (and loan production staff + underwriters) weeks of frustration. At the same time, our offered products save homebuyers thousands of dollars.
Who You Are
- You have at least 5 years experience in secondary marketing at a non-bank mortgage lender or bank mortgage lending divisions
- You have an intuitive understanding for mortgage credit risk, liquidity risk and interest rate risk. You use this understanding to differentiate between processes that matter and processes that don’t
- You understand underwriting, closing/funding & post-closing operations very well having worked closely with those functions previously
- You care deeply about improving your own quality of life at work and believe technology & elegant design makes everyone’s lives easier
- You consistently surface errors and mistakes before loan consummation
- You thrive in environments that are constantly moving & changing and adapt processes and systems to easily handle the changes
- Your colleagues describe you as a joy to work with
- You have a great reputation among capital partners and production colleagues
What You Will Accomplish at Eave
- Grow revenue margins to top tier secondary execution benchmarks
- Scale expansion of eligibility and program footprint to cover any able and willing borrower
- Work effectively with select capital market partners that align with Eave’s borrower-centric operational principles and develop deeply resilient relationships with them
- Set new industry benchmarks in secondary execution
This is a full-time position based in San Francisco, CA
This role reports into our President, Eave / HomeLight Home Loans