HomeLight Home Loans is looking for a front-end engineer to help us make ethical mortgages easy. You’ll join an experienced engineering team that's building the industry’s most sophisticated mortgage technology platform from scratch.
About HomeLight Home Loans
Home Loans by HomeLight is a digital mortgage lender empowering today’s homebuyer. We offer simple, transparent home loans that enable all creditworthy buyers to be treated like cash buyers. We’re rebuilding the $10 trillion mortgage industry from the ground up using our powerful, automated technology. With Home Loans, homebuyers are fully underwritten in just 24 hours, providing cash-like certainty. Even better? We save our clients thousands of dollars and weeks of frustration.
In May 2019, HomeLight Home Loans joined forces with HomeLight to help 100,000’s of home buyers, sellers and realtors across the country. Together, we’re empowering people to achieve the best outcome when buying or selling real estate.
For every mortgage that HomeLight Home Loans provides, Home Loans builds a home for a family in need in India. Your work will help millions of families improve their lives.
What gets you excited
- Overturning archaic orthodoxies in the largest area of our economy
- Building a machine process so that individuals are rapidly, scalably underwritten to their true creditworthiness without human intervention
- Solving emotional pain points for millions of people, which wastes extraordinary amounts of time & money
- Fixing real-world problems elegantly, versus with the most technologically advanced solution
- Clear communication & collaboration w/ engineering & operations to eliminate error & wasted dev cycles
- Using your past experience building software from pre-product to fast growth to help your colleagues learn and grow
Languages / stacks / front-end functionality expertise
- Make informed decisions regarding tools and frameworks and implement them in a manner that enables every engineer to productively make front end changes
- Share your expertise and experience in front-end architecture with every engineer
- Experience creating and maintaining large, long-term products in React
- You’re comfortable debating the pros and cons of different languages (ES6, Flow, TypeScript) and frameworks (React, Redux, Angular) and infra (webpack, Yarn, Gatsby) and making a case for your decisions
- An eagerness to broaden your skills to the full stack
Our Promise to You
Your potential to help achieve our mission and shared goals is the only thing that matters. We do not care about pre-defined academic or past employer stereotypes.
You will succeed at HomeLight Home Loans if you:
- Are constantly curious
- Prefer rapid iteration
- Never settle for the status quo
- Enjoy helping others succeed
- Value feedback
- Embrace change