We are on a mission to empower people to make smarter decisions during one of life’s most important moments: buying or selling their home. By analyzing 30 million+ real estate transactions from 2 million agents across the country, we are able to take an unbiased, data-driven approach to match our clients with top performing real estate agents to meet each of their specific needs. Our algorithm and marketplace solutions guide our clients through every step of the home buying or selling experience. Join us and build the nation's largest and most trusted platform for selling real estate!
Who You Are:
You are a high-performing Business Analyst with a passion for data, growth and strategy and you have an eagerness to join a fast-paced tech startup.
What You’ll do:
You will partner with and be exposed to a variety of teams at HomeLight as you navigate cross-functional conversations with various stakeholders and attend to ad hoc projects. Your knowledge around user behaviors, analytical techniques, and business operations will allow you to solve challenging problems in order to boost business and revenue growth. You will be responsible for driving and delivering key business initiatives and you will develop a deep understanding of all HomeLight business processes and act as a data and analytics expert for one or more business function.
- Work directly with HomeLight stakeholders to optimize processes and improve the organization's core profitability
- Use statistical analysis or data mining tools to analyze data, identify insightful trends, and interpret the technical data into meaningful recommendations for other executives
- Exhibit a high level of expertise in helping driving the data strategy across multiple channels
- You will create new quantitative statistical models to reduce the overall operation cost of the business
- Support the business ad hoc data requests through either SQL query or quick report or dashboard and analyze large quantities of data using Python, VBA or R to drive growth strategies
- High proficiency in Excel and SQL
- 2+ years experience using analytics to drive key business decisions
- 2-4 years experience writing and tuning SQL queries and building reports/dashboards
- Great verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with diverse groups including senior management
- Outstanding intellectual horsepower and the ability to think through a broad range of business issues
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and confidently offer recommendations based on your findings
- Desire to take a initiative in your role and a eagerness to bend with changes and ambiguity when needed
- A team player mentality- as an operator in a growing start-up your responsibilities will constantly be growing and evolving
- Ability to manage, track and prioritize a large number of tasks
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field
- Medical, vision, dental, and paternity/maternity benefits.
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Catered lunches and snacks
- Corporate gym membership
- Company events: happy hours, bowling, bocce league, etc.
To make sure we hire the most qualified people, we have a multi-step interview process which may include interviews, a homework assignment, and a reference check. We’re excited to get to know you and hope you’re ready to give this opportunity everything you’ve got!